50 lbs down....30 lbs to go but no motivation...

Options
I started working out in September 2010 and am down 50 lbs. Awesome right? U would think so however, I have kind of fallen off the fitness/we​ight loss wagon. I need some motivation​. I was put on restrictio​n a few months back, started some projects around the house and have started enjoying sleeping in too much. Lol. The date of my original goal of 150lbs came and went… and I have never reached it. I still want to get down to between 130 lbs and 140 lbs. I'm real upset that its gonna take me longer than a yr to get there.

I need some words of encouragement. Maybe some advice? I'm a mom of 4 so if I don't make it the gym 1st thing in the morning then it does not happen. Please help.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You just have to just back on the bandwagon and do it.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I started working out in September 2010 and am down 50 lbs. Awesome right? U would think so however, I have kind of fallen off the fitness/we​ight loss wagon. I need some motivation​. I was put on restrictio​n a few months back, started some projects around the house and have started enjoying sleeping in too much. Lol. The date of my original goal of 150lbs came and went… and I have never reached it. I still want to get down to between 130 lbs and 140 lbs. I'm real upset that its gonna take me longer than a yr to get there.

I need some words of encouragement. Maybe some advice? I'm a mom of 4 so if I don't make it the gym 1st thing in the morning then it does not happen. Please help.

I understand how being busy with 4 kids can be...I have 3 myself...2 babies and a 2yr old. I keep reminding myself why I am doing this...my motivating factors. You've done a tremendous job by losing all that weight, why stop now? I know it starts feeling comfortable but all the hard work isnt worth throwing away. Think of your children and how proud they are of their mom. Keep on with the fight, you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    50 lbs is awesome!! Maybe you need to try to switch up your workouts. I'm a big fan of all of the Jillian Michael's workouts. They are super intense and get you great results but the best part is they are less than $10 each (some are free On Demand if you have Verizon), they only require a set of hand weights (3-5 lbs) and a dvd player! You don't even have to get your butt to the gym. You can squeeze in a killer workout in less than 30 minutes in your own living room! I always tell myself, "what excuse do you have to not do it?"... well none really!

You CAN do this and I can tell you from experience that getting down to 130-140 is life changing! If you want to see what the difference is as you get closer you can check out my Before and Afters (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/237286-before-and-afters-163-lbs-down-to-134-lbs?hl=163&page=1#posts-3132967). I've actually lost an additional 4 lbs since these pictures. I feel incredible now and the reason why I keep at it every day is because of my MFP friends who support me!
  • jeagirl
    jeagirl Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi

Good job by the way! You are doing great. I am a busy mother of 3 kids too. It's hard to find the time to workout. Try new workouts that involve the kids. Walking at the zoo, hiking, or bike riding. I sometimes have my kids watch t.v. while I put in a workout tape. I hope that helps :)
  • Natp274
    Natp274 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi ya - i'm only a week old member here, so I don't have much advice to give. Only encouragement: 50lbs is an AWESOME achievement, and I hope you gave yourself a big pat on the back for that achievement. Also - you could start mini goals? I've noticed some ladies have put in weekly or bi-weekly goals of so many lb's to be lost. I'm going to start that as well.

One more thing - try not to beat yourself up over the year thing, just think at least it isn't 2 or 3 years or maybe never.

Go hard and give it heaps! You can do this, you're past half way and almost there :)

N
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Ahh...the blahs. Well, it's good you posted. I'm sure you will get lots of advice.

Have you thought about resetting your numbers on MFP? You are where you are right now, with a new body from where you started originally. Rewrite your Profile based on what you want right now, update your Goals. Start out with baby steps, you are starting out on a new phase after all.

Good luck
  • SaiKami
    SaiKami Posts: 2
    Options
    Hang in there, hon. I'm pretty new at this and I can say I have pretty superficial reasons for wanting to lose weight (hate snoring now that I'm fat, been getting more facial hair because of obesity ) but, if I discovered anythiing, it's that you need to stuck to it to get what you want.:tongue:
  • jazzmaniac
    jazzmaniac Posts: 11
    Options
    Let me first say that I am really encouraged by your weight loss. 50 pounds is freaking tremendous!

I think the best thing I can tell you is to try something new. I have fallen off the wagon many a time. I think that this time it's gonna stick though. Why? Because I've discovered a new passion-- soccer. I've usually worked out in a solitary manner (lifting weights, long walks, etc) but I've found it helpful to have other people there with me. I've had sessions with a trainer and that's really helped too.

You're gonna hit your goal. And it's not about how long it takes you get to there, just THAT you get there....and that you keep sharing your journey.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    50 pounds is A LOT!

kEEp gOINg!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ambaker6281
    ambaker6281 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate all of the encouragement and advice (thanks skwilson1990 for ur enthusiasm. Lol.) . I will Try something new. I have thought about the soccer thing (wish I could find a fun league in my area) and I have heard great things about the jillian dvds. I will have to find one.

Thanks again everyone!
  • LeAngeRose
    Options
    My brother told me that Soccer West now has a couple non competitive soccer women's soccer teams. I'd love to set that as a goat to get back to playing some soccer. We should check into when their seasons start and make it a goal to go for it. Steph played with me way back when we worked at Garts. Maybe we could all find a way to fit it in our crazy lives.