• CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'd like an invite!
    Can't get you an invite without an email lol
  • CommandaPanda
    Options
    Ok I joined google+ too. Thing is there you can not keep things private. I like the privacy I have on facebook. I was helping a friend try to find me to add me and I can't be found. I had to send her an invite. I am not sure if I like this rule below copied from link.......

http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

Forgot to add if anyone wants a invite to google I have some available. Not sure if I will stay on there yet. Send a private message for invite.

Yes, but if you are using Facebook then you're subjecting yourself to this same risk. By using any social networking site, for that matter, you run this risk.

So in response to Google+ ToS Section 11, part 1, if you are already on a social networking website... This really shouldn't be of any concern to you.

Not totally true. Facebook gives you the option to keep things private. Google+ you can't make your profile private if you do they will delete you.
    (I almost missed this post)
    I believe I found the article you had read and may be referring to, so in response to your post:

Does Facebook, really? Again, in response to your claims, Facebook does not offer any additional privacy features over Google+. If you refer to section 3, Name and Profile Picture, in Facebook's Privacy Policy you will notice the following: "... Your name and profile picture do not have privacy settings."
    :flowerforyou:
    The only things that Google requires of its users to remain public are the following: Full Name + Gender; everything else may remain private and they will not remove you for hiding other things (pictures, location, work, etc.). Also, from observation (although I was not able to find any literature pertaining to this) I've found that your "Profile Pictures" remain public; you are unable to set these to private. Although, if you don't want people to see any of the pictures in this album, simply move them to another album that you have more privacy control over.
    :smooched:
    So as a note to everybody who has their full name and gender set as private, be warned that you have UNTIL JULY 31st to fix these.
    :tongue:
    Do keep in mind that this is still in beta, and Google's intention for releasing it to a short population is to.. well, identify and address any issues. In beta (testing phase), the objective is to get a group of users who will, quite literally, use and abuse their applications. By having profiles 100% private, those isolated users are not illustrating the true potential of this new project.
    When Google sent out the initial invites, they chose to invite the most social individuals first as those were the ones who would best market their project.
    Once Google+ is out of beta, I'm sure they would not be so strict with their privacy policy.

I have yet to find a redeeming quality that Facebook has over Google in regards to privacy. :smile:

(I thought the emoticons selected and placed at random would help make this post not sound so condescending as this wasn't my point)
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    If you've a MFP circle, feel free to add me to it. :) Or any circle for that matter.

2tim.weber@gmail.com
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you've a MFP circle, feel free to add me to it. :) Or any circle for that matter.

2tim.weber@gmail.com

Added :), I only kept fb for family and close friends because it was difficult to manage, now with circles it's such a good manageability too.
  • Kbdaley
    Kbdaley Posts: 3
    Options
    Anyone have an invite i can have? Kcoffee10@gmail.com
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any more invites? I'd love one if you did!
  • iTim__
    Options
    I've got more invites. I need an email address to add you though.
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    I have the plus acct as well. Still trying to figure it all out. Add me on google I you want. Savvynurse@ gmail.com
  • vbhoj74
    Options
    I have the plus acct as well. Still trying to figure it all out. Add me on google I you want. Savvynurse@ gmail.com

Added.

I wud love to have mpf friends on g+ too, so if u wanna add msg me and I'll share my gmail id.
  • CommandaPanda
    Options
    Yeah, I don't mind if any of you add me on there.

I'm fairly active on G+ (way more than I am on Facebook)

https://plus.google.com/109226751785283708886/
  • vbhoj74
    Options
    Yeah, I don't mind if any of you add me on there.

I'm fairly active on G+ (way more than I am on Facebook)

https://plus.google.com/109226751785283708886/

Added, forgot one can post profile URL for others to add, here is mine:

https://plus.google.com/101287631319285625058/posts
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    How do u send out invitations to add people?
  • vbhoj74
    Options
    How do u send out invitations to add people?

There would be an option on the right panel to send invites.

Dont know if its still working, there was another back door, write somthing on your wall, share it with email IDs of ppl you wanna invite. They will get an email which will have a link that says "learn more about G+" which takes them to registration page. :)
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I would like an invite...
  • iTim__
    Options
    I could invite you, but I need an email address.
  • cdbillups
    cdbillups Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Here's my profile if anyone wants to add me. To help you determine my circles: Firearm enthusiast, Techie, Father of 4 daughters (if that doesn't have a circle is should), MFPer.

https://profiles.google.com/u/0/106386803315448711322
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'd love an invite and check this out.

Howardhill73@gmail.com
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I got my invite on Sat and have been playing with it If anyone wants me to "circle" them let me know.
  • CommandaPanda
    Options
    I'd love an invite and check this out.

Howardhill73@gmail.com
    Sent and sent.