Mid morning snack ?

Options
So I start the day wth a protien and oat smoothie any tips on a mid morning snack as I'm running out of ideas

Replies

• Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Apple? Banana? Yoghurt? Cottage cheese?
  • garysneve
    garysneve Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks I've been having avocado , boiled , egg, with five cherry tomatoes but feel it's to much ?
  • mikevfr
    mikevfr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Muller Light Toffee Flavour. Lovely
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    bacon (or Canadian bacon) egg white and cheese sandwich.. high protein yogurt with granola.. These are snacks but really my "break fast" at mid morning.

I had to look up what hasenpfeffer was.. funny :)

• idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I always have about 50g of high fat yogurt (10%), some berries, and 15g of all bran buds. I find that fatty foods keep me fuller for longer than anything else. That snack is only like 150 cals and it's delicious.
  • VonHocker08
    VonHocker08 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree healthy fats are the way to go.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Banana, all the way. If you have no medical condition that precludes you from enjoying whatever sugar level you so desire, a banana is a great easy food for a quick burst of energy and a number of good nutrients. If you'er lacking in a macro, you can do a quick google search for "foods high in X" to get some good ideas.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I bet if you reduced the carbs and upped the fat in your smoothie it would keep you full longer. What does the Horlicks provide?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have a tablespoon of peanut butter and 2 servings of Ritz crackers as an afternoon snack. It keeps me full until it's time for my lunch, which for now is a protein bar. I eat lighter during the day so I can eat a larger dinner and a late night snack while I watch a little tv to decompress from the day.
  • akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I keep pumpkin or sunflower seeds in my desk. A tablespoon (~50 calories) is usually all I need to carry me through to lunch.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I make peanut butter protein bars on the weekend and bring them to work as my mid-morning snack (peanut butter, crisps, oats, dark chocolate, coconut oil, whey protein). Easy mid-morning snack. If you don't want to make meal prep and just looking for something quick, a lot of great suggestions so far here.
  • garysneve
    garysneve Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Carrots and Hummus!
    100gram yogurt cups
    pureed fruit
    Rice cakes/ crackers with spread (bovril/ Peanut butter etc.)