Day off

Options
I just finished having a complete day off from dieting, exercise, calories, and nutrition. I ate what I felt like when I wanted to. I actually felt really relieved. I did not worry about weight gain or calories, I just enjoyed myself. To my surprise the following morning I woke up to my usual routine. I followed my diet, counted calories, and even had a bad *kitten* workout with my trainer who actually worked out with me. So I realized that I need to just let go of my everyday routine once in a while and I won't have to worry about falling off the wagon. I am never ever going to diet again. I am going to continue my healthy lifestyle which includes eating the right amount of calories followed by daily exercise. I don't know if this makes any sense but it makes sense to me and I just had to share it with y'all.

Replies

• wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ya way to go nice thinking on your daily intake of food :) not going to say diet cause we are not dieting we are changing the way we eat to make us healthier.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That's the right mindset! Sometimes it's a hard place to get to, but once there it's easier and easier :)
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you can't let go every once in a while, it could be annoying to stick to.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Sounds like a good practice to me, as long as you don't do this everyday you should be fine.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I am not going to do this everyday. I will do it once every 3 months or so.
  • msloois
    msloois Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you because I was specifically looking for this question. I did the same thing today and wondered if there is anything wrong in doing it once a month or so. I am not let down or disappointed because it is just a day off not a lifestyle choice. :smile:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Thank you because I was specifically looking for this question. I did the same thing today and wondered if there is anything wrong in doing it once a month or so. I am not let down or disappointed because it is just a day off not a lifestyle choice. :smile:

Exactly! The good thing is that you are already used to your lifestyle and fall right back into your routine. Good luck.