PLEASE ....General help NEEDED..

Options
andrea2801
andrea2801 Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone..
I'm hoping this reaches someone that could help me..
Last October I got to 14 stone, a target member at Slimming World.. I gained 5lb and quit smoking on 4th November. Taking me up to 14.5..I'm now at 15.1 so in 10 months I've gained 10lb.. I'm trying to shift this excess weight..but i now think it's made its self at home and not wanting to go any where..!!..
I'm 5ft 9 and broad build..
MFP has allocated me 1360 calories, and I'm trying my hardest to stick to them.. I'm doing 10k steps a day if not a bit more.
I'm eating plenty of veg and fruit..yes I have my treats, but I'm only human..
I would just like to point out.. that I'm doing nothing different now to what I was when I got to 14st in October..

If there is ANYONE.. that could help me in any way, and give me some tips and friendly advice then please do so... it's driving me mad.. I bought a load of new gear size 16, and everything still fits.. my boyfriend noticed that I'm starting to get my shape back.. but I just want to shift the lbs....

PLEASE HELP ME..

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You are already doing what you need to. Stick to your calorie deficit. As long as the stats you entered in MFP are correct and the activity level you setup imitates your real daily activity, keep eating that amount daily.

Move around more. Exercise too if you will. But be patient.

It looks like things are working as you are having NSV's already.. your shape i coming back.... the scale is only a tool, it is not your complete sucess story.

edited to add: if you do not have a food scale and not weighing your food intake, now is the time to get one.
  • Mumu190672
    Mumu190672 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for stopping smoking!
    I wish I could too.
    Usually if the weight isn't going down it means you eat more than you think you do unless you have a medical condition that prevents weight loss.
    Make sure you weigh everything and that you choose the correct log for each entry.
    Double check everything.
    If you eat out and use the calories given on their website it can be 20% off because they don't weigh each item in the kitchen and can use more oil than the original recipe.
    Don't expect quick results.
    If after 3 weeks or one month, you see no results and you are sure you are logging properly, you should consider talking to your doctor about it.
    I wish the best of luck and I hope you will see some results.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I know Slimming World has things like "free" fruit and veg, so while it may feel like you're doing nothing differently, switching to calorie counting is likely to make you more accurate because everything counts. So make sure you're weighing your veg, your fruit, your protein sources, everything. Measure all liquids, the milk in your tea and coffee, the oil in your cooking, all of it.

I pretty much just get a whoosh once a month now (I am losing slower now though as I have less than 2 stone to go), so just be patient. Weekly losses don't always show on the scale. Start taking body measurements too.
  • andrea2801
    andrea2801 Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys for all your advice...I really do appreciate it.

I've never really thought about weighing my fruit.. however I do weigh my veg!!!.. I scan what I can.

We don't eat out alot.. once a month, and that's pushing it!!!. Drink doesn't bother me, I'd rather drive!!. Yes I like my treats, but who doesn't..
    I work in a bank, so my day is sitting.. I get up and walk about when I can.. I've just returned back to work, after an op on my legs, so I've been stationary for a bit.. but getting my steps in.. I'm back full time next week after a week of half days, phase returns.. so I've not been eating lunch.. they will be planned back in as of this week..
    Hopefully, another week or so I'm joining zumba, just giving myself time for my legs to be all sorted... I do walk to and from every day and then try and get out after my tea for a stroll..

It's just so frustrating.. but I'm glad that things still fit.. OK a bit snuggle, but I can still fasten things!!!..
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Treats are fine if they fit into your goals, I have one or two every day.

Fruit can have a lot of calories because of the sugar. I'd be more inclined to weigh my fruit than my veg! Though I weigh both but yeah, fruit calories being off will add up pretty quickly.

And exercise is great for health and to allow you to eat a bit more but not all necessary strictly from a weight loss point of view.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I agree with every one else weighing everything is the thing you really need to do. Even the prepackaged stuff because they can be off by 10-20 grams and the calories can add up. I have something sweet almost daily sometimes twice a day.