Fast Food Restaurants & Nutrition Facts Compared

Options
I became anti fast food a few years ago but last month I found this list and since I am new here I thought I would share it. This list outlines all the best and worst fast foods and shows their nutritional info. I post this just in case you needed any help to understand why you should never (well almost never) eat fast food.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food.php

disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the site above, I just hate (the nutritional value) of fast food.

Replies

• steev
    steev Posts: 11
    Options
    I became anti fast food a few years ago but last month I found this list and since I am new here I thought I would share it. This list outlines all the best and worst fast foods and shows their nutritional info. I post this just in case you needed any help to understand why you should never (well almost never) eat fast food.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food.php

disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the site above, I just hate (the nutritional value) of fast food.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I was never big on fast food rest. And I made my kids watch "Super Size Me...now they think twice about Mcy D's....

dd
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of fast food either... but there always exceptions that I eat like maybe 3-4x a year.
  • steev
    steev Posts: 11
    Options
    I have to battle with my two daughters about why they can't go to MCD or BK, i usually end up just going by and buying the toy outright instead of going in. Occasionally if I do let them have it, we just hit the drive thru and take that food somewhere else so the wife and I can eat non fast food.

Now I do like some fast food but I don't enjoy it because I know what I am eating but oh how I love culvers and those jack in the box fried tacos! One place that has good food and is healthy is Crazy Bowls and Wraps, they are hard to find but you can eat out and not feel guilty.
  • beanyspoon
    Options
    My boyfriend loves McDonald's, and I have to admit it is very handy if you're out and you need somewhere cheap to eat out that won't take forever!

If we go, I just have a happy meal and then eat the 4 nuggets and share the fries with him, drink the Diet Coke. I know it's bad, but it could be worse!
  • trishkizer
    Options
    Mc D's french fries have more cals than the burger. Wow! I do love Mc D's though! I haven't had fast food in quite awhile so I am proud of myself!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    If we are in a position, because of time or money or location, that we feel the need to eat fast food, then my family orders from the kids or $1.00 menu only and we pass on the soft drinks, milkshakes, and desserts. If I'm eating something so bad for me, I want to pay as little as possible, I might need the money for heart bypass surgery later on...... At restaurants, I always ask if we can order from the kids or senior menu and if the manager can give me a good reason for saying no, then I split something with my daughter. Occassionally, and I do mean occassionally, we will have a desire to eat one of their exotic desserts, we order one as an appetizer and split it between us.
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Holy Crap!!!!! :noway: :noway:

What an eye opener! How can a friggin hamburger have trans fat? Does anyone know?