Nervous

Options
Hi, well I am writing on here is because I am heading into maintenance tomorrow after i weigh in. I have finally reached into my 140s, and a healthy BMI which i am really excited about. I dont want to be controlled by counting calories anymore. I am really nervous about maintaining, and i was wondering how everyone did when they maintained. Did you guys just eat all your maintenace calories when you started or did you go slowly introducing more calories back into your diet?

Replies

• gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, did I miss something, aas it says you are going into maintenance, not sure where it is from..guess it doesn't matter, but just eat like you are and if you gain a little cut back a little..I have been on maintenance for about a year and go up and down about 5 lbs which I don't like and am trying to get them off here, but you will be fine, just remember you got this far..gandydancer
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining since May. (I'm 143-145lbs).

I still log my food because it makes me feel better and more in control. However, I don't freak out or fret if I'm over by a few hundred (or under either -- I figure it all works out in the end).

I'm currently eating 2200-2500 calories a day.

I still weigh in everyday - for my own peace of mind. But, I don't fret or freak out over a pound here gained or lost. I've learned what my "normal" range is and as long as I'm in that range each day, I'm good. Most people are not the exact same weight each and everyday - so knowing your "normal range" helps to prevent scale upset, in my opinion.

I'm much more relaxed now and I focus on other goals (like strength training) and not on losing weight. :)
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance mode for about 3 weeks now and I was really nervous too. So, what I did was move my goal from 1 lb a week loss to a half a pound a week loss and that seems to be working for me. (went from 1200 calories net up to 1420 calories a day NET)
    Edited to add that I do have one HUGE cheat day a week since in maintenance mode. But I log everything EVERY day no matter what. It works for me.
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was so afraid to regain my weight that I still didn't eat enough calories and ended up dropping about 5 lbs below what I should be. But after about a year I started just listening to my body, eating healthier, and excercising without being obsessive with the occasional splurge and maintained at about between 140 -143lbs and at this weight I look healthy at 5 ft. 8.5 inches tall. Maintenance is harder than losing weight for me. The giving up of control and letting my body find it's comfortable self was hard.
  • autumnbreeze89
    Options
    I've been in maintenance mode for about 3 weeks now and I was really nervous too. So, what I did was move my goal from 1 lb a week loss to a half a pound a week loss and that seems to be working for me. (went from 1200 calories net up to 1420 calories a day NET)
    Edited to add that I do have one HUGE cheat day a week since in maintenance mode. But I log everything EVERY day no matter what. It works for me.

This is a great idea, and thank you. I will try this out!