Time to get back on track

Options
I was rocking this and the weight was rolling off, then I got into a funk got busy with summer and now seems as if my depression is coming back all I do is sleep. I feel like crap eat like crap am in general just angry for no reason. Back to the gym tomorrow, and time to get the diet under control again and daily Bible reading. I loved how I felt in spring when I was in the gym 6 days a week and was eaten nuts and berries, and reading daily.

Replies

• lorisowers
    lorisowers Posts: 64
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I too went through I few weeks of going back to my old habits. I am back on and ready to get back to it. I have had a busy summer so far and it is so easy to lose focus.
  • busymomyof3
    Options
    way to recognize your faults.. i just posted a post on my blog about "high places" --when we replace God with something else... i did that with my diet & now i need to become more grounded in my faith.

good luck, man!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    So many of us can relate to this...know that if you've done it before (the working out and eating healthier) you can do it again. And walks are really helpful for depression...I speak from experience on that.

Good luck!
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    hey....I know the feeling....Ive been screwing off for a few months now. Did great in the spring, lost about 12 pounds, felt good, then slipped, and stopped counting calories. I have used every excuse in the book, for going off, and not following a plan.

Im ready if youre ready, lets beat this thing! Add me as a friend if you would like!

Jackie:flowerforyou:
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Same here on so many levels..

I remember how it felt to have more energy and wake with less (not NO) back pain... I want to get there again.

Back to the gym this week for me too!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! It happens to everyone. Be happy that you realize what you need to do and you're ready to do it. You will be successful. But I don't have to tell you that. You know that already :)
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat....let's kick some major butt and show this fat who's boss! ;)
  • vintagefool
    Options
    I absolutely relate. There are phases of time where I slip into depression and want to do nothing but sleep, and often revert back to terrible eating habits without even feeling remorse. It's tough to do, but I always need to remind myself whenever this happens that I would be and absolutely am happier when I'm treating my body right, being productive and nourishing my mind with thoughtful reads and new knowledge. It's great that you can recognize that you were happier then, and therefore that it's completely worth the effort, sometimes it can be hard to see that when you're in a dark state of mind :flowerforyou: Hope you have a wonderful rest of the summer!
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    How is every one else doing? I haven't made the gym but got the diet back on track and have gotten more mobile (less couch time). Hoping to see the 200's tomorrow when I check in.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Well after getting off track, then planing on getting back on, I have finally refocused. Happy to say I am watching what I eat again and hitting the gym as much as possible with work. Hows every one else doing? I can say that I am excited to weigh in on Tuesday (we like to weigh in with the biggest loser show) Hoping for a big number:happy: