I've signed up and am training for the LA Marathon -

Options
I've signed up and I am currently training for the LA Marathon - If anyone would like to join me let me know. I have signed up for the CONCUR LA program which is actually 3 different races - Santa Monica Classic 10K which I ran September 11th in 53 minutes and 1/2 Marathon at the Rose bowl in January (which will be my 3rd 1/2 marathon) the marathon is in March so there is still time to start training. I am planning on taking my time during the marathon (thinking 4:30ish give or take based on my last 1/2 marathon) The point is I want to complete the marathon without stopping or walking throughout the entire course my actual time is not that important. This will be my first marathon so I just to want to enjoy the journey. Join me.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I'll have my 1st marathon a bit ahead of you on 2/26 in Texas. Good luck...we'll be close on dates.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    While I have no aspirations to do a whole marathon, I do have my third 1/2 coming up in March as well.

Congratulations on all three races! I live on the east coast, so I definitely cannot make the 1/2 where you are, but I can cheer you on from where I am way across the country. :)
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Not got the guts for a full, but hoping for a half and a sprint triathlon next year. Eek!