336lbs... things are going to change

Options

Replies

• Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My name is Kenny I am turning 27 this fall. I currently weigh 336 lbs... and am not happy about it. I have been through some rough times emotionally which may have had a part in it... but in the end, its my fault for lack of disclipline. As a freshman in HS i weighed 185, in college ( 6 years later) I weighed 225lbs, then this year (5 years later) I weigh 336.

From my HS to college i only gained 40 lbs or 06.66 lbs per year, then from college til this year avg. yrly wght gain was 18.5lbs. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!

Tomorrow (July 7th) begins the new me, and by my bday i WILL look and feel great!

I think today began the new you - just by making the decision to do it. We're all with you!
  • krissiebeeonion
    Options
    Way to go! You can do it! Some days will be hard but stick with it and get a healthier YOU! GOOD LUCK!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I love your attitude!!! You can do ANYTHING - you've got this :bigsmile:
  • kryz0136
    kryz0136 Posts: 1
    Options
    You can do it Kenny and we are all here for you.
  • bomomar
    bomomar Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some people to compete with in weight loss. I'm a competitive guy and figure it might be motivational to compete against others. If you want to compete please let me know. We will base standings on weight loss percentages. Each week the last place finisher will be asked to donate $5.00 to a charity of your choice. If you are interested please send me a friend invite. Weigh-in and donation is honor system. LETS GO WE CAN DO IT.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Kenny I know what you mean. I weighted 202 at the age of 12 then 328 shortly after my 23rd birthday. This is so worthwhile, you investing in yourself. Even when the scale isn't moving, keep at it. Build a support system on and offline who have your back, no matter what. You are destined for greatness!!!

Best of luck!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Kenny! You have totally found the right place to do this! I wish you all the best of luck! I hope you're able to reach your goals! Feel free to friend me if you're looking for some support! :happy:
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can and WILL do this. Just take it one day at a time. No matter what, don't give up and you will see result. I have tried so many fad diets which resulted in weight loss initially, but then I would gain the weight back after I start eating normally.
    I just joined MFP about 22 days ago and for the first time, I am actually keeping up with what I eat and how much of it. I am seeing real results and I feel that I can stick with this. YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck to you. :)
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Good luck! You can do this! Take it one step at a time and do it healthy and make the weight loss both sustainable and maintainable!
  • Nico0211
    Nico0211 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Go Kenny!!! you can do it! Welcome to MFP... it is an awesome site that will help you no matter what.
  • jaydian1
    jaydian1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Welcome Kenny. I know you can do this!
  • Hycinth
    Hycinth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all you wish for yourself and more. You have your alll your life in front of you. Good luck x
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    Good for you, Kenny! I hear ya on the hard emotional times; it's hard to not grab food to make you feel better when times get tough! My weight peaked at 375 this past February after we had a fire at our house and we had to live in a hotel room eating almost exclusively fast food. I started my weight loss journey on April Fools day (ironic, yes?) at 370.6 pounds. I'm now down to 343.8 pounds! I know that this program works if you just are honest to yourself and keep your goal in mind. It's when you lose sight of your goals that you see how daunting your task can become.

Just a suggestion, try setting yourself small mini-goals (I set mine for every 15 pounds, but you can choose whatever you like :) and then reward yourself when you beat them! It helps you to stay motivated and focus on the smaller, more managable goals instead of the overall goal that can seem like it will never get here! Keep up the awesome work buddy! We're rootin' for ya! :)

~Amanda~
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome!
  • BigZ486
    BigZ486 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You can do it! And there is a bright side...you started it 150 lbs lighter than me! (Yeah, my peak weight was 486 a few weeks ago).
  • jessamiuc
    jessamiuc Posts: 2
    Options
    good luck i am starting today...feel free to add me as a friend and we can help each other be accountable
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here! We are all very supportive and encouraging.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp good luck
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Hi -you will love it here! Best of luck to you :)
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!! (a little late)
    What a FANTASTIC birthday present to yourself is the dedication to make better cahnges in your life. Just think, this time next year, you can be a whole new person. One peice of advise, baby steps. This all seems overwhelming at first, but take things slow. Dedication is important and make sure you find exercises that you like. Feel free to friend me if you like.
    Have a great day!