**Newby**

Options
Hey Pals,

My MFP name is LuvngmeNOW. I chose that name because for the majority of my life, I have not lived that way. I have not allowed myself to live and love because of my imperfections. That negative self, built ugly laws within me: 1) I will not allow myself to enjoy *that*, until I accomplish *this* in my life. 2) I will not allow him/her to love me, until I fix *that* about me. 3) I will not give myself to others, until I am perfected.

These ugly laws prevent me from loving myself or loving others, the way I want and need too. They prevent forgiveness in my life. They prevent a trust that where I am is where I need to be, to continue on in life. Most importantly, they prevent me from allowing my Sweet Savior to love me the way I need to be loved , in order to KNOW love.

1st Corinthians 13: 4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Do some of you feel, or better yet know, that there is a *GREAT SOMETHING* inside of you, and when you are in the presence of real love, whether that love is coming from you or being received from another, you feel that *GREAT SOMETHING* eagerly awaiting to be birthed through you. I have known and felt it for many years, but through non-acceptance of who I am now, non-acceptance of true Love, it remains dormant within me.

I am not a poet or writer at all, matter of fact I am a numbers girl (majored in finance). I surely thought I would begin writing about my current weight and my strategic plan to get that number down. But I have been moved to forget that mind set when it comes to my weight. As I type, I realize it really has nothing to do with the food or the scale, or if I can squeeze into my skinny jeans today, but it has everything to do with acceptance of myself and LuvngmeNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love...in the capacity that I can right now. I look forward to growing in Love and in the MFP Community, God Bless!!!

Replies

• Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do this! Feel free to add me as MFP for support :)
  • Kimby1
    Kimby1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie, too. Keep the faith, and always believe in yourself. I personally like a quote from Janis Joplin, "Do not compromise with yourself ... you are all that you've got." Keep that in mind ... be true to YOU!.
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Loving yourself is the most important. That's why many of us are here. Great to have you!