Hello from a Newbie

Options
Hello. My name is Linda and I am new here. I have tried everything under the sun with temporary success and looking for a lifestyle that is sustainable.
I am trying something new: 10 times my weight in calories with 45% protein, 30% fat and 25% carbs. I have eaten more calories this past week than I ever have on any "diet" I've tried, eating more whole foods and have actually lost 6 pounds! Keeping within those macros has been very challenging and I expect to have to tweak it as I learn more about nutrition.
Anyway, I have never put myself out there like this before, so I'm a bit nervous.
Wishing us all a successful journey!
Linda

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how/why you chose 10x weight in calories versus a more conventional approach like what mfp tells you plus an exercise adjustment. I struggle to hit protein on a 40/30/30 goal, so I can't imagine what 45/30/25 is like!
  • dwainewidnall
    dwainewidnall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda also newbie congrats to losing 6 pounds!
  • XO_Linda_XO
    XO_Linda_XO Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! BMR and TDEE seem so complicated and I thought 10x would be simpler for me to follow. I have good muscle tone from practicing martial arts but covered in fat due to years of poor diet so I'm trying to lose fat. 45/30/25 is looking a bit aggressive, I admit, but I'm 46 and things are starting to slow down
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    @XO_Linda_XO I would recommend starting with putting your info into MFP, setting a loss goal in line with how far you are from your weight goal, and eat up to that. Compare what that says versus the 10x count, and see what works best for you.
  • Bbiwbkacq
    Bbiwbkacq Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    6 pounds! Great start, Linda! I'm new too