Insanity vs T25

Options
Currently I own insanity dvd set. I had it for few years ut never actuallly finished the entire set . Right now I am focused on finishing Shred, i am on day 13 good progress so far.

I would like to get your inputs on doing insanity vsT25. I undestand the length of workout session. I would like to know before and after stats doing insanity vs T25 and your experience on both.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    t25 wasn't as engaging after insanity. T25 gives you the modifiers, doesn't do stretching or much warmup, and generally wasn't enough for my wife and I after finishing insanity right before.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I much prefer Insanity.
    But T25 is handy if you're REALLY pushed for time.
    Can't manage a full session, throw on a full body circuit for T25 and it's a decent substitute.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Both programs are designed to get you fit and lose fat.

That said, Insanity is a MUCH more intensive program. If you're good on form and all that, hit Insanity. If you're a beginner... hit T25 first.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your inputs. Currently I m motivated with the shred because of the timelines and able to finush firdt thing inmorning. Are there specific reasons to pick either alpha or gamma versions on T25?
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'd check out Max 30 if you're looking for the next step and a shorter workout time. I thought it was a perfect follow-up to the original.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Dhathri wrote: »
    Thanks for your inputs. Currently I m motivated with the shred because of the timelines and able to finush firdt thing inmorning. Are there specific reasons to pick either alpha or gamma versions on T25?

Go Alpha to begin. Gamma is the finisher.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thank u for all ur inputs. I have ordered T25. Cant wait to begin from October
  • KRuss70
    KRuss70 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would agree with @Dano74 -if you're already in pretty good shape then Insanity is probably for you. For me being a beginner and never able to get through the first min of T25-this is where I started this time but after a couple months of building my endurance. For me this was easier in completing the cardio session of T25. Good luck with which ever you decide :)
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have both programs and insanity max 30 as well. If you're a beginner, go with T25 and they also have a modifier

Then you can start with any of the insanity programs. The max 30 is only 30 mins but can be brutal. There is a modifier in max30 though which isn't as high impact. Note that insanity can be hard on the joints as there is a lot of jumping/ plyometric moves.

Best wishes. Shaun T is my fave beachbody personality as he is so motivating.