Life changes

Options
When getting healthier our lives have to change. Big things for some of us, but for others of us, it's all in the small things. What has changed in your everyday life to reach your healthy goals?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    Slightly smaller portion sizes ... back to the way I used to eat a few years ago. :)
  • terenceadavenport4265
    Options
    My biggest accomplishment is limited or no alcohol. I was working out 6 days a week but not seeing any weight loss. I stopped that and lost 11 pounds in 20 days. Still loading.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Those are all great! I really avoid drinking my calories, swapped little things like Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, and pay close attention to fiber and protein. I drink lots of water and eat my fruits and veggies.
    I never buy white bread( my kids are glad to be grown)
  • S2tupidAss
    S2tupidAss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water, and watering plants really brings me joy
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat more protein. My inner child is not convinced that white meat chicken cubes substitute for corn chips but we will get there. I have also started using the step counter on my iPhone. It is an imperfect but motivating system. I aim for 10,000 steps per day and don't beat myself up if I don't get there. Some days I do half the steps but also do an aerobics class or aquacise. On the days I don't have an exercise class I go for 10,000 steps. A few pounds have burned off for the first time in a really long time.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    Goals are awesome! Feels great to reach them!
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I incorporate protein and fiber in my meals. Like you I do swaps - Greek yogurt or cottage cheese for sour cream or mayo. I love fruit so I usually eat that when that sweet tooth kicks in. I buy single serving portions of foods that I tend to over indulge (e.g. potato chips). I always have water handy. Sometimes I infuse with herbal teas or citrus wedges for flavour.

I opt for the stairs in lieu of elevators at work. On my lunch hour, I tend to go for a walk as long as the weather is fine. Exercise is becoming a habit and I aim for 5 times per week.
  • Eve8917
    Eve8917 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone i need help and support u want lose some weight i just had bsby boy who was born sleeping i feel i hit rock bottom i need something aim for focus on but i need help an guide get me on track and boost i need get going i b very grateful for any advice
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    The biggest things were I make a fruit/veggie shake for breakfast, I never liked breakfast(still don't but feel so much better) and eat more times a day instead of twice. I go to the gym regularly & love it. I just feel better in general & have more energy
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    In four years of good livin'...pretty much everything.
  • shellyld2016
    Options
    I think over the years I have changed so many things. Some just took me more time to adapt to, but bit by bit it has all added up. I look back and realize just how much I have really changed and wow! It is especially noticeable when I go to a family gathering just how different my life is now.