Not so funny anymore...

Hi everyone. I'm Denise. I'm 64 and disabled/retired. I've battled my blob my whole life, with just a couple of times when I managed to get it down, but never maintained more than a year or two. Now I'm at 235, diabetes out of control, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and a whole battery of other little irritants. But I handled my diabetes with grace and aplomb. I ignored it. I joked about it. I avoided my doctor. But a few days ago I realized my raft was heading toward the falls, with a 100 ft. drop. Battling another bladder infection, I discovered my kidneys are starting to fail and my potassium is dangerously high. So I decided that just maybe, I should start caring for myself. I need to lose about 100 pounds. I'll let you all know as I get going. Thanks for letting me spew.

Replies

• ravensdiet15
    ravensdiet15 Posts: 77 Member
    Hi Denise! Welcome. I have fibromyalgia as well. Isn't it fun?! Good luck on your journey! You will find a lot of helpful & supportive ppl here! Best wishes!
  • xx_steph_xx
    xx_steph_xx Posts: 37 Member
    Oh my! Good luck on your journey, I hope you get to where you want to be. Add me if you like for support and meal ideas
  • mollyrichardmr
    mollyrichardmr Posts: 1 Member
    Wow you just wrote most of my story. I don't have fibromyalgia but the diabetes out of control hurt everywhere etc. I'm 56 and I weigh 228. I really want to loose weight. I want to play with my grandkids not just watch them play. I found a diet Dr but it costs $2000 to go to him. He has nothing but good reviews but $2000 is just to far beyond my budget. Yes I need a job also but nobody will hire me. If you ever want to be my diet buddy maybe we can help each other. Anyway God Bless you.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    All the best on your journey. I do offer mutual support but it must be a two way support. I have been on MFP for three years nowhere good luck and hope it is useful for you
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Good luck to you. Sometimes small changes in the right direction can start to have major impacts. I've been in a pretty bad place health wise and you can do this!!!
  • ejkaag
    ejkaag Posts: 1 Member
    I have started eating ketogenic some 3 months ago and can highly recommend it for your sugar issues, as well as losing weight.
  • FromFattie2Fittie
    FromFattie2Fittie Posts: 139 Member
    Denise, you can do this! :)
  • wkb0210
    wkb0210 Posts: 6 Member
    Denise, you can do this! Keep chugging. We're all rooting for you!