Feeling lost and down on myself.

slschuenke15
slschuenke15 Posts: 21
I began this journey super pumped and ready to change my life, I had gotten back from the hosptial a new person and wanted to make things better for myself. I was down to 175 and working out daily....

Back in mid june my mom went to the emergency room and came out with ovarian cancer. My world crumbled. I started to stress eat like no other, I stopped going to the gym and started worrying more and more. Now I am up to 199 and I hate myself for it. Idk what to do or where to begin, it all seemed so easy now it seems so hard. My one motivater starts chemo next monday and I am in dismay. I need some friends right now or some words of wisdom.

-Sammy

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Seems we are spot on for goals and current weight/starting weight. I can relate there. Just think, would your mom want you getting this unhealthy just because she isn't doing well? I'm sure she wants you to be healthy and happy as well and I know that its hard, but you have to take care of yourself a little bit too. Feel free to friend me if you would like the support :) Everything will be okay hon.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    stay strong!!! your mom would want u to be happy! she will always be your motivator NO MATTER WHAT! I have lost so many people in my life whom I miss every single day, but I always remember that they are always by my side no matter where they are. Your mom will always be by your side!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like **hugs**
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    As much as you want to be there for you mother, she needs a strong daughter to help her!

As cliche as it is, a good workout can help with stress relief and well-being. Do it, clear your head, feel good about yourself and then be the strong one to help with your mom!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Think of it as you working out for the both of you now!

And I don't know about anyone else, but when I workout, I tend to watch what I eat... at least I'm a little more conscious of it, than when I'm not.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Honestly..your mom would want you healthy. ....thats the best support you can give to her. She has her challenges..and you have yours.. Together..you will conquer both cancer and the weight....stick to it.

On another side note..prayer is key...it gets us through the best and worst of times...

Prayers are being said for your Mom as she starts chemo...and for you to be strong for her...so she may heal and be strong for you..
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    I started this journey mid Feb. of this year. 9 days after I started, my sweet mom passed away. :brokenheart: For me, it helped to still log my food (and be careful what I ate) and to still exercise and log that. Those were things I could control. Those are things you can control. As your mom starts on this ugly journey (and the rest of your family with her) you won't be able to control much other than what you do with yourself and your service and love to her and your other family members. Having something you CAN control might help you mentally. Good luck.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    I'm very sorry about your mom. My dad had cancer too and I worried constantly so I know how you're feeling. It's a struggle because I'm an emotional eater as well. I don't have any words of wisdom, since saying "don't worry" is ridiculous! BUT... You can exercise to release those endorphins which will help with your stress and make sure you get plenty of sleep. Sometimes staying up worrying makes you hungrier because your body is craving rest and needs energy from somewhere to continue. Also keep hydrated because that does the same to trigger that snacking feeling. I'm here if you ever need to just let it out and chat or email. When you know you can talk out your feelings it helps not to eat as much and sometimes a strangers ear can be better than feeling like you're burdening someone related to you thats worrying just as much. My prayers are with you, your mom, and your family. Add me if you like.
  • Im sorry that your mother is going through what she is and you are too. It soooo sucks that all that is happening and I can understand that you had a set back.

Remember though, it's not the falling that is the problem, it is the not getting back up that causes a lot of problems. Not just for you either, it will affect the people in your life that you love.

You've done it before and you can do it again girlfriend.

Praying for you both.
  • thank you so much that means alot
This discussion has been closed.