Asiago spaghetti squash

Options
guinevere96
guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
http://www.eatwell101.com/roasted-spaghetti-squash-recipe

Firstly, I have to tell you that this is the first time ive ever had spaghetti squash and I fell IN LOVE. This was so delicious, the only thing I did differently was swap the cheese in this recipe for shredded asiago. And it made all the difference. Go try this!

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Looks great! How did it work out calorie wise?
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Looks great! How did it work out calorie wise?

I halved the recipe and it came to 317 calories :) and was TOO MUCH. I couldn't finish it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm just "in" as a reminder to make spaghetti squash this week. I haven't seen it at the stores the past few weeks but maybe it's back now.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm just "in" as a reminder to make spaghetti squash this week. I haven't seen it at the stores the past few weeks but maybe it's back now.

I get my produce locally and this was the first week they had any either. Not in season maybe? I don't know too much about that kind of thing lol. Super yummy though.
  • arditarose
    Options

I get my produce locally and this was the first week they had any either. Not in season maybe? I don't know too much about that kind of thing lol. Super yummy though.

Oooh you keep reminding me of things. Farmers Market today. Yeah it might just be coming back in season.
  • guinevere96
    Options

Oooh you keep reminding me of things. Farmers Market today. Yeah it might just be coming back in season.

Gotta love the farmers market!
  • arditarose
    Options
    I ended up finding some at the store. I just make it cheesy with Laughing Cow cheese and throw in some ground turkey or chicken sausage and broccoli
  • guinevere96
    Options
    I ended up finding some at the store. I just make it cheesy with Laughing Cow cheese and throw in some ground turkey or chicken sausage and broccoli

That sounds delicious! probably a bit lighter than my recipe as well.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    This looks AMAZING! I just bought a few big spaghetti squashes at the store today. I'm trying to lay off the cheese as much, but I may make an exception for this...
  • arditarose
    Options
    I just ate the whole squash lol. I really like shirataki noodles better.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    That looks super yummy - if only spaghetti squash wasn't so hard to find where I live :(
  • guinevere96
    Options
    I just cant get over the texture of shirataki noodles! Ive tried and I really want to like them.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I just cant get over the texture of shirataki noodles! Ive tried and I really want to like them.

Did you dry fry them? Too many people only rinse and don't actually dry fry them out. Moisture is not their friend.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

Did you dry fry them? Too many people only rinse and don't actually dry fry them out. Moisture is not their friend.

This. Always put them in a hot dry pan after rinsing and cook some of the moisture out before using them.
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I made the Asiago Spaghetti Squash last night. It was delish! I had to cook it longer than the recipe calls for . I would suggest microwaving the squash first as suggested in the recipe. I highly recommend this!