Worst/Unhealthiest restaurants you've been to

Options
Went to Bravo! Over the weekend and was so frustrated that they did not have the nutrition facts available. To play it safe, I got just a plain garden salad (a huge one!) with just veggies on it and a small portion of marinated chicken breast with balsamic vinaigrette on the side. I was extremely frustrated that they did not have nutrition facts available, not in the restaurant or online. What are the worst and/or unhealthiest restaurants you have been to? Worst meaning they do not display the nutrition facts. Frustrating!! It makes eating healthy at restaurants sometimes impossible!:frown:

Replies

• officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just looked up the nutrition facts for Joe's Crab Shack...YIKES!!
  • Bellyroll
    Bellyroll Posts: 316
    Options
    Applebees, I pretty much ate 2 to 3 days worth of food.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I used to work the concessions stand at an AMC...they posted the stats, but they were problematic.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Dining at Famous Dave's tomorrow night and searched high and low for nutritional information. Found a little bit, but there is nothing on their website. I wonder why??? LOL

Every single restaurant will have something healthy to eat like a salad, etc. But I also think it is okay to indulge a little bit now and then. We have all the tools readily available to work off the bloat after the meal for the next day or two. Enjoy the foods that you like... just in moderation. :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The unhealthiest (and my favorite sadly) restaurant I've been to is called Buster's. They have the best burgers that only come in half-pound! When we go we also get an appetizer of house tortilla chips and chipotle cream cheese. The chips are made very fresh, so they are COVERED in oil!

Last time I went there I estimated the calories I ate to be at 1,046. That was only half the burger and I know I underestimated because I had more chips and cream cheese than I recorded.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    granite city...
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options
    Dining at Famous Dave's tomorrow night and searched high and low for nutritional information. Found a little bit, but there is nothing on their website. I wonder why??? LOL

Every single restaurant will have something healthy to eat like a salad, etc. But I also think it is okay to indulge a little bit now and then. We have all the tools readily available to work off the bloat after the meal for the next day or two. Enjoy the foods that you like... just in moderation. :)

I agree that it is good to enjoy it in moderation. Just nice to see the nutrition facts so you can make a healthier decision if you need/wanted to. I know for me it is for health reasons as I have extremely high cholesterol and need to know the saturated fat content in my foods. Just frustrating when they do not have it available.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

FDs isnt as bad as you would think, actually. Depending on what you get, you can get out of there fairly healthy/painfree.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Bubba Gump Shrimp Co....I cannot find their nutrition info anywhere....I wrote to them to complain because we went there this weekend and I didn't know what to log. So frustrating.
  • mpkartist
    mpkartist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IHOP. They now print the calories on the menus here in CA. *cry* Some of the meals are 1200 calories and above. Damn I wish I was a lumberjack some days. It's off my rotation now.
  • Hollirot
    Hollirot Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There's lots of little local restaurants that I love to eat at, but the nutritional facts are pretty much impossible to know. I always end up adding them to MFP as generics, but UGH, I always feel like I could be way off.
  • Colieque1
    Colieque1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Red Robin is horrific. Even the wraps are terrible, and many of the salads are higher in calories than some of the burgers. I haven't been there since I started counting calories because of it. Makes me so sad.....
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

FDs isnt as bad as you would think, actually. Depending on what you get, you can get out of there fairly healthy/painfree.

Not on sodium I'm afraid. :) But I do have a plan in place after finding what I could on the Internet. Now... to just stick with the plan! lol
  • laurajordana
    laurajordana Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    cheesecake factory
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    the cheesecake factory is just scary, most entrees are more then I'm allowed to eat in an entire day and then they encourage dessert along with that...its totally NUTS.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    They need to show nutrition facts at all restaurants. Hmmmm, I wonder why obesity is such a huge problem? God.

IHOP for sure. They put a "healthy choice thing" next to items less than 600 calories. An omelette really shouldn't have that much in them. I ate pancakes with over 900 calories in them, thank god I only ate half.
    Applebee's does the same thing with the "healthy choices." SMALL portion of ribs, which I ate about 2/3 of, was 1000 calories. Scary.
    Chili's, I think ribs half about 800 calories. Yes, I really like ribs.
    At Red Robin, my petite natural burger had a ridiculous amount of calories.

I find that local restaurants have a lot less calories. I guess in chains, all the recipes have to be uniform, but in the pasta and pizza places in my neighborhood, I can just eat a normal meal. I usually add them as generic, but it's real food.
    The Egg And I (I don't know if that's a chain or not) and Perkin's aren't too bad.
    It also helps to order from the kid's menu.
  • princess_elle
    Options
    I looove eating Sonic. however, one of their burgers is almost 1300 calories...what some people should eat in a single day!! =0
  • officiallymrswhite
    Options
    the cheesecake factory is just scary, most entrees are more then I'm allowed to eat in an entire day and then they encourage dessert along with that...its totally NUTS.

Just looked at Cheesecake Factory's nutritional facts....INSANE!!! One of their meals was double the calories I eat in 1 day. I am all for indulging every so often....but that is kind of disturbing.
  • aubarnold
    aubarnold Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5 guys burgers and fries.....awful!!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    >.> Mcdonalds...