Midday Binge

Options
So I was recently diagnosed with narcolepsy.... and I realize that I have been eating to stay awake. Mornings are ok - lunch is a total binge (over 1,000cal today in one sitting) and dinner is fine too.

Anyone have any ideas on a better way to control my tired appetite? I could skip lunch of course... but that's not the best idea - I would prob just binge at dinner. Plus the boys are normally home from school at this point and there is no sleeping with them home... sometimes I try but their loud and I just get more and more hungry and weak.

I'm up 20lbs and not happy at all. :cry:

Replies

• HeavenllySin
    HeavenllySin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So I was recently diagnosed with narcolepsy.... and I realize that I have been eating to stay awake. Mornings are ok - lunch is a total binge (over 1,000cal today in one sitting) and dinner is fine too.

Anyone have any ideas on a better way to control my tired appetite? I could skip lunch of course... but that's not the best idea - I would prob just binge at dinner. Plus the boys are normally home from school at this point and there is no sleeping with them home... sometimes I try but their loud and I just get more and more hungry and weak.

I'm up 20lbs and not happy at all. :cry:
  • bgarrett
    Options
    First, hang in there! You have more going on than just eating too much. While I don't have the intense problem that you are dealing with, I do have insomnia, so I also eat a lot in the afternoon to try to create some energy for myself. I'm trying the idea of "being gentle with myself." I think you might try that also. While you are handling the narcolepsy, allow yourself to eat, but try to make lower calorie choices that still feel good. For example, I like popcorn, or a low-fat ice cream treat. Try eating slowly, completely finishing a bite before you take the next one. Then, realize that you are not your weight! You are a valuable person who is working on losing extra weight while also handling real life. You can do it, one small step at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I would suggest small spread out meals to keep hunger in check. If I do not eat small spread out meals I then overeat at one meal. You might want to consult with a doctor or nutritionist to help you out too. Keep your head up and remember if you do over eat one day there is always the next day. Life is too short to beat yourself up about anything.......:wink:

Alisha