Dumping

Options
goofynat
goofynat Posts: 68 Member
:blushing:
So...Dumping. I am having a real issue with dumping now that I am fully a month into eating healthy. I have been so conscience of what i eat, put into my body and the water i consume to cleanse myself.
Two things I never wold have been prepared for are 1. the amount I would be peeing...which now after week 3 has subsided quite a bit as i believe my body is now fully hydrated (thank goodness). & 2. Dumping when I choose to eat a not-so-healthy food product. The amount of pain I get in my gut is unbarable and I am up all night on the toilet (okay--not that dramatic...but you get what I mean).

I guess my question is, due to my choices of having the |"bad" food I get sick, and I will not stop having the odd "bad" food from time to time, so does anyone know if this too will subside like the water = pee episodes or is this what I am stuck with as the toxins leave my body from here on out? If this is the case..does anyone have any tips or suggestions how to make it through with less tummy aches.. and sleepless nights...besides the ovious of not eating those foods...

cheers ~ Nat :blushing:

Replies

• kranstar
    kranstar Posts: 10
    Options
    I have no advice for you... but I totally have the same problems!
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It seems to be your body trying to tell you something...
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options

exactly!]
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I would listen to your body and try to avoid the foods. That's ovbiously the best option.

if you do eat the foods, try to eat slowly. Your body may not react the same each time to every food, and you may be able to handle different bad foods differently than others. And if you do have a bad reaction to it, try Pepto Bismol or an anti-dirreal to ease the reaction.
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    I snuck a peek at your diary. It seems like a lot of the healthy foods you eat could be the cause of the problem, not that you should rule them out. Brocolli, avocado, sweet fruits and berries are some of the common ones I see that have some laxative qualities. I'm not sure about foods that have the opposite effect. Cheese does, but obviously you want to limit your cheese intake. I would say increase your dairy within reason, and maybe watch your fiber. Dietary fiber will make you poop more often, so if you happen to be way over your goal on that... bingo. That's the best of my guessing.

Hope everything comes out alright! Or... not?
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I agree!

Once I changed the way I ate going back and eating any of the crap from the past doesn't feel too good to my body, so I simply don't put my body through it.

I believe our bodies change as we discover healthier foods and begin exercising our bodies on a regular basis. We might have been able to get by with eating crappy food in the past. But if you eat well now and your body gives you a signal it doesn't like the junk tossed in..I agree your body is definitely trying to tell you something!
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    LOL! Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!

The obvious thing is to eat primarily fruit and veg.

Anything fried does the same thing to me, I just feel absolutely horrible.. :flowerforyou:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yeh don't eat shi$$y foods! lol
    if you really have to then try to go for the better ones!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    No, it won't subside, but it wont be so bad. Been doing this for over 2 years now and it still hasn't gone away unless I'm binging for a while on crappy food.

Yes, suddenly eating a lot more fruits can do it too, so balance your veggies, dairy, and healthy crabs with that.

After even longer living a healthy lifestyle with good food choices, you"ll crave the bad stuff less and less. :):)

I haven't checked your food dairy, but if you'd like a loose suggestions of an ideal food day, send me a message :)
  • goofynat
    goofynat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I snuck a peek at your diary. It seems like a lot of the healthy foods you eat could be the cause of the problem, not that you should rule them out. Brocolli, avocado, sweet fruits and berries are some of the common ones I see that have some laxative qualities. I'm not sure about foods that have the opposite effect. Cheese does, but obviously you want to limit your cheese intake. I would say increase your dairy within reason, and maybe watch your fiber. Dietary fiber will make you poop more often, so if you happen to be way over your goal on that... bingo. That's the best of my guessing.

Hope everything comes out alright! Or... not?

The foods I am referring to are, if I am out and about and going for "drinks or eats" with friends is where i have the most problems. I look at the menu ahead of time, and plan out what i am having, and yet...if I dont prepare it, this is where i get into trouble... ie: had a glass of wine, and a clubhouse on whole wheat with salad......and sick as a dog that night...want to make it clear I am not running out for wings, fries or grabbin bags of chips...

I am well aware that I should avoid "bad" foods and I guess I am just new enough at this that I do not know what my body will reject until I eat it...so i will have to learn what my body says...
    thank you all for your advice, and if anyone woulod like to view my diary to see if they have suggestions...I would appreciate it.
    cheers ~ Nat :)