I think I might die!

Options
Just tried Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30"

I think it's gonna take a little longer than 30 days.That was hard.She says not to modify the work out but I wasn't able to finish it. Still managed to walked it out till the end.

I wonder how you log those caleries burned? I have always just done the basics walking,jogging for X minutes.

Has anyone done this work out?

Any advice on getting though it or advice in general?

Replies

• mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred and I was told on a forum to log as circuit training, general. Some people have those calorie counter watches that they can enter their own calories. Hoping to get mine soon, but until then, I think the calories are pretty close on circuit training.
  • breezypink
    Options
    yes, you are correct. That workout is a *****. I do a lot of Jillian's workouts, and this one by far is an *kitten* kicker! lol... I am on week #2, day #1. Week 2 isn't as bad as week 1. Maybe my body is adapting. I do not have any advice for you. Do your best. That's all I could do. I could not sit down, stand up, or lay down without my muscles in complete horror whole week 1. Eat more protein and drink G2 gatorades...... Good luck! Add me as a friend if you would like. I lost 3 lbs week 1.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Swimming is an awesome exercise if you can get to a pool. Its cardio and toning. I prefer to swim in the evenings when the water is warm.... But swimming anytime is great .. I Hope that helps.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred and I was told on a forum to log as circuit training, general. Some people have those calorie counter watches that they can enter their own calories. Hoping to get mine soon, but until then, I think the calories are pretty close on circuit training.

It's not too far off! I use a HRM to monitor my calories, but when I've done 30DS Level 1 and logged it as circuit training it was within 50 to 60 of what my HRM said.
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I suggest purchasing a heart rate watch. That'll give you the most accurate reading in terms of calories burn. The higher your heart rate, the more you're burning!
  • breezypink
    Options
    And, yes, I am going to get a Heart Rate monitor also, but thanks for suggesting the circuit training. That's a good idea! I will log that now and see what happens!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My personal advice:
    Push through every day, it will get easier!
    Modify the exercises based on what you're able to do.
    You won't die. :smile: I am a living testament to that!
    If you can't keep up, just keep moving!
    I suggest a heart rate monitor to track calories burned.

Good luck!
  • 30lbsorbust
    30lbsorbust Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on working so hard for 30 days. That is quite an acomplishment! Keep up the good work. Next year at this time, you will be able to look back and be glad that you stuck with your program until the end and see that it was worth it all.

I found some websites that break down the calories for things as simple as climbing stairs and light housework to really working out. I found the sites by typing "calories calculated" in the search engine.

You can do it!
  • Lisahandy
    Lisahandy Posts: 12
    Options
    Kinda new here,I didn't realize anybody had replied to my post till recently.:laugh: Thanks for the support and advice.:happy: