Slow and steady

Options
wkb0210
wkb0210 Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all, I have about 30 pounds to lose. I'm 60 and have had a lot going on the past 6 months, so I'm taking this weight-loss thing SLOWLY - although SERIOUSLY. I'm good with losing 1 pound a week for now and 1/2 pound when it gets harder (less to lose). I know 30 pounds doesn't sound like a lot to some of you, but it's all around my middle (which is hereditary - my mom was the same way) and they say that that is the WORST weight for a woman to carry health-wise. As for taking it slow and steady, I've tried many weight-loss programs before and always gained the weight back, so this time I'm trying the slow method, with the goal of not ever gaining it back. Also, I've had several injuries lately (back, right arm) that have curtailed my exercise abilities. Hopefully I'll be back at yoga and other forms of exercise soon. Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

Replies

• whitehearthro
    whitehearthro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am almost 20 and people have always told me that it is easy for young people to lose weight but I have been trying to lose weight since I was 14... I've always been chubbier and my mom is a personal trainer so I eat on and off pretty great! And I've worked out since I was 10! Something I've learned over the past 6 years of trying to lose weight is that slow and steady wins the race!! But motovation leaves so you have to have determination to fill in! I'm right there with you! I've had a crazy year and I've gained a lot of weight I actually am looking to lose 60 lb. so good luck to you! And just know I am taking the same approach!!!
  • darciew2
    darciew2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I really struggle to lose weight, so I'm just hoping that a pound a week will be enough for me to keep with it!
  • wkb0210
    wkb0210 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Let's keep each other motivated!! :)
  • Zarka_91
    Zarka_91 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im 25 and pretty much have the same goal as you. 30lbs or so to lose. Its harder to lose tummy fat im struggling aswell. Have you tried to incorporate weights?