great snacks

Options
I know the one hundred calorie snacks are popular and make life easy.
But they do little to fill you up. Anything you can eat that is raw or fresh
and has not been processed is so much better. As you know if your body has to work to digest the food it not only burns calories while doing so but helps boost your metabolism. Prossed foods have already done this for us so your body just passes them straight thru.
Below is a small list of snacks I like and some tips. I will be adding the recipes for anyone who would like them.

1.The small round glad containers are exactly ½ cup size. They are great for ranch dip for veggies. Also for making your sugar free jello and pudding. It’s great to to reach in the fridge and pull out your snack and it’s already measured for you.
2.hard boiled egg only 70 calories and 6 grams of protein
3.Make frozen yogurt. Put your favorite yogurt in a paper cup, cover with plastic wrap, stick in a Popsicle stick and freeze. The paper cups just pull off. Great for kids and they can help make them with you.
4.apple 100 calories
5.An apple with ½ cup dannon light & fit vanilla yogurt for dipping. 140 calories
6.Shrimp cocktail make some cocktail sauce using reduced sugar ketchup and into your glad containers. ¼ cup is about 20 calories and 3 ounces of cooked shrimp 31/41 count is 80 calories and 18 grams of protein. Find the shrimp in for grocer’s freezer. And bam a 100 calories snack!
7.24 home made corn tortilla chips and ¼ cup salsa 120 calories
8.hummus 2 tablespoons 80 calories and you can make some homemade baked pita chips ½ of a whole wheat pita is 70 calories so that’s a 150 calorie snack
9.Ranch veggie dip I will be posting the recipe it’s great and again put it in glad containers. And its 35 calories for ¼ cup and your favorite raw veggie
10. home made granola bars I have two that I make one is fruity and 120 calories each and one for the person with a sweet tooth is peanut putter and chocolate chips only 102 calories. So you not only get you sweet but your oatmeal as well. I but them in the snack size zip lock bags and they are great to grab and go. I will post the recipes for them as well.
11. Grilled chicken tenders. If you are grilling dinner add a package of chicken tenders and weigh them out into serving size into a baggie and a great snack to grab 4 ounces 115 calories and 25 grams of protein

So if you have a little time one day makes up your own 100 to 100 calorie snacks and you will be ready for the week.
Wow that was long I hope you made it all the way thru!
Have a great day and god bless

Replies

• garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    I know the one hundred calorie snacks are popular and make life easy.
    But they do little to fill you up. Anything you can eat that is raw or fresh
    and has not been processed is so much better. As you know if your body has to work to digest the food it not only burns calories while doing so but helps boost your metabolism. Prossed foods have already done this for us so your body just passes them straight thru.
    Below is a small list of snacks I like and some tips. I will be adding the recipes for anyone who would like them.

1.The small round glad containers are exactly ½ cup size. They are great for ranch dip for veggies. Also for making your sugar free jello and pudding. It’s great to to reach in the fridge and pull out your snack and it’s already measured for you.
    2.hard boiled egg only 70 calories and 6 grams of protein
    3.Make frozen yogurt. Put your favorite yogurt in a paper cup, cover with plastic wrap, stick in a Popsicle stick and freeze. The paper cups just pull off. Great for kids and they can help make them with you.
    4.apple 100 calories
    5.An apple with ½ cup dannon light & fit vanilla yogurt for dipping. 140 calories
    6.Shrimp cocktail make some cocktail sauce using reduced sugar ketchup and into your glad containers. ¼ cup is about 20 calories and 3 ounces of cooked shrimp 31/41 count is 80 calories and 18 grams of protein. Find the shrimp in for grocer’s freezer. And bam a 100 calories snack!
    7.24 home made corn tortilla chips and ¼ cup salsa 120 calories
    8.hummus 2 tablespoons 80 calories and you can make some homemade baked pita chips ½ of a whole wheat pita is 70 calories so that’s a 150 calorie snack
    9.Ranch veggie dip I will be posting the recipe it’s great and again put it in glad containers. And its 35 calories for ¼ cup and your favorite raw veggie
    10. home made granola bars I have two that I make one is fruity and 120 calories each and one for the person with a sweet tooth is peanut putter and chocolate chips only 102 calories. So you not only get you sweet but your oatmeal as well. I but them in the snack size zip lock bags and they are great to grab and go. I will post the recipes for them as well.
    11. Grilled chicken tenders. If you are grilling dinner add a package of chicken tenders and weigh them out into serving size into a baggie and a great snack to grab 4 ounces 115 calories and 25 grams of protein

So if you have a little time one day makes up your own 100 to 100 calorie snacks and you will be ready for the week.
    Wow that was long I hope you made it all the way thru!
    Have a great day and god bless
  • amkeiser
    Options
    I like 10 almonds and a piece of fruit or small bowl of cereal with 1/2 c skim milk too. Or vanilla milk made with splenda flavors french vanilla. It also seems that hot drinks make me feel full quicker and longer. Great ideas! Helps to have them ready and in the front of the fridge too. And read EVERY label!!!!:glasses:
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Good Stuff. I think that one of the challenges to creating a successful plan is finding snacks to get you through.

Shrimp is an awesome snack because it is almost 100% protein and lean protein cannot be converted into fat.

Detour Bars are great for the sweet tooth. Peanut and caramel tastes almost like a Snicker's bar. Fairly inexpensive for the small bars. You can get 6 for around $6 at Wal-Mart or 24 for $18 at Sam's
    170 cals 15 grams of protein they have sa few other flavors
  • mrsmac36
    Options
    Your snack ideas sound great. I'll be waiting for you to post the recipes.

Thanks!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting...I would def be interested to see the recipe for the granola bars...sound yummmmm
    I was all excited about the 100 calories snacks, they do taste great and hit the spot...but not very filling...

I prefer FiberOne granola bar (140 cals)...Kashi waffle for 80 cals

Kim
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    I will look for the kashi waffles, i love waffles in the morning with sugar free syrup.
    And love almonds just wish the serving size was bigger, boy do they go fast!!