Hello! I'm the new guy!

Options
gbonner1205
gbonner1205 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I've decided to change my life for the better. I have no idea what I'm doing and I am kind of figuring it out as I go so I open to advice if you guys have any. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland. I am married with two teenaged boys (one in college and one in high school.) I am GOING to loose 55 pounds and get down to 225lbs. I am also GOING to play competitive tennis again one day (on the senior circuit.) I don't have an "accountability partner" yet though I am looking for one. I am new to the area having moved here recently from Chicago, IL. Be encouraged friends! We can do this!

Replies

• Rkrkrk63
    Rkrkrk63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When you reach a low point, just imagine yourself fit & playing tennis again. Keep on pushing!
  • gbonner1205
    gbonner1205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rkrkrk63. I am embarrased to admit it but I had a massive candy addiction. I am sitting here as we speak trying to resist the temptation to run ti 7-11 for a fix. It's been 5 days and my head is starting to hurt. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • BexTheSquirrel
    BexTheSquirrel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love candy too--it's so hard to resist some days! Keep your eyes on the prize--they are empty calories and they aren't worth it! When I lost weight after my kid was born, I used to keep a jar on my desk with the empty candy wrappers in it. Then I would put the jar on the treadmill that I was plodding away at as a reminder to myself somewhere around mile 5 that I could have been done but I chose candy instead earlier... It worked for me, but I am super into visualization! Good luck! You've GOT this!
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the weight loss. Seems you are determined so you can make it happen. My goal weight is also 225 but im coming down from 341, currently down to 305-308