Gallbladder removed 07/07/2011

Options
I just had my gallbladder removed on Thursday and I went there weighing 202 and left weighing 207... man was I upset. I'm curious if it's because they pumped my stomach with co2 or if it was maybe from the giant bags of iv? But either way now is the time for me to start getting serious about my weight (which I have said many times).

Has anyone else gained weight right after a surgery and had any real reason why?

Anyone have any issues losing weight after gallbladder surgery?

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Certainly could gain with the bloated tummy post op. I had my removed 3/1/11. The weight did come off, but I have to admit the weight loss has slowed down. I am only down 10-15 lbs since then. It sucks.:sad:
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    not to mention the fact that they pumped you full of iv solution. you'll pee it all out, no worries. i had my gallbladder removed years ago and it was awesome. to never ever have to worry about that horrible pain again was life changing
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    I feel your discouragement. Last October I had simple procedure to place a mediport catheter for chemo, a relatively simple outpatient procedure. The next day I weighed myself and had gained 10 pounds!! I figured it must be fluids, but it took 2 1/2 weeks to get it back off. I have not idea about this mysterious gain. All I can say is it happens, inexplicably.

Try not to be discouraged. Stay on track and wonderful things will happen. I hope you will soon be fully recovered and feeling great, without the worry of sudden attacks of pain.

cshore54
    SW 271
    CW 161
    GW 141
  • Vmsunderland
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words! I needed them, I keep over eating day in and day out and i know that i control what goes in and out of my body but i feel like i don't a lot