Tell Me About HIIT for REALLY BIG GIRLS

Options
Just that. Any advise? Where do I start?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    A really good sports bra. I like Victoria Secret bras for the support.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Compression pants help hold everything in.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor will help so that you can monitor how much you are elevating your heart rate. I like my fitbit blaze. It's really all about working for YOUR level.
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Do you have Orange Theory Fitness near you? If so, go in and try a class. Usually the first 1 or 2 classes is free. The great thing is you can work at your own pace. Half the class is interval training on the treadmill. You can start at 2 or 3 miles per hour and over time work up your speed and your incline. There are a wide variety of types of people in the classes I go to. Old, young, fit, fat, but everyone has the goal of getting into shape and everyone works hard. The key is to start slowly and don't push yourself for more than you're ready for. In these classes you wear a heart rate monitor and the coaches are there to give you help and guidance, provide alternatives if you can't do a specific exercise. If you go 3 times a week you will see results quickly.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Start with intervals on a treadmill/bike etc. Then you can build up to high intensity metabolic conditioning that would include things like rope slams, sled runs, burpees etc. Don't go too hard to begin with!
  • NicoleMichael62
    NicoleMichael62 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There is this Youtube channel that I started doing beginners HIIT workouts. When I started doing the workouts 3 months ago I was 209 at 5'4 and couldn't do all of the moves. However, I worked up to it and can do almost all the moves just by doing it 2-3 times a week. The guy's name is Millionaire Hoy on Youtube if you want to check him out.