SuperChanges
SuperChanges Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hey ! B)

I'm new here. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels conscious about body shape here!! But being pear shaped, means even a simple outfit just looks awkward.

Has anyone managed to actually CHANGE their shape through diet and exercising. If so, what did you do? Tips would be great!

Probably not. I'm a pear at 165 and a pear at 106. You might be different though. Just lose weight, your body determines where fat loss comes from. Strength train to help keep the lean muscles you already have.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I think our shapes are built around our skeletal structure and fat distribution to the body. I don't think we can ever "change" our structures but we can definitely work hard, enact the right nutrition towards our goals and look our best us. I'm what you call an apple shape woman. I have broad shoulders with a narrow lower body so when I gain weight, my fat is distributed to my arms, breast, and stomach giving little to no love to the lower body at all. It also gives my hips this "H" look thanks to the spare tire being wider than my hips. I'd LOVE to have a pear shape or an hour glass figure, and I just chalk that up to the human nature of wanting what I can't have. I just simply have to work on me, play the hand I was dealt, and have the best shape that my body type can produce through proper nutrition and training.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped as well. I haven't changed my shape (like I didn't turn from pear to hourglass or whatever), but I have lost inches in my hips and I am fitting into smaller clothing so it must be doing something!