Ww gal. New to Mfp comminity

Options
Hi
I was free lifetime ww gal for 4 Yrs. Then mom in hospice then died so I gained back what I had lost.
Thankful for accountability etc here.
5'2. Age 63. Now 145 lbs. 137 before when free in ww. Quit gaining after mom died in April 2016.
But have not lost the pounds gained during her hospice time.
Thx for listening.

Replies

• tymjennings
    tymjennings Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I left WW and joined here recently hope all is well
  • pattymom1000
    pattymom1000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too. Welcome.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Welcome @pattymom1000 and @tymjennings to this amazing community. There is just so much love, encouragement, accountability, whatever you are looking for is here! I have found that logging every bite I eat and what I drink, keeps me accountable to myself. It only works if you use it and record everything, but I promise if you do, it will work. I also recommend that you buy a scale for weighing your food. I'm down 37 pounds since the end of May. I didn't get here until the end of July but it has been so much easier since I've been using this site.
  • pattymom1000
    Options
    Hicampfire thx for the info! Congrats on 37 pounds since May....that is fabulous I do log every bite which no doubt has kept me from gaining.. I do have a food scale and am using it more and more lately....it does help. I think I've been lacking in the community department, so am thankful to get to meet you and join in this encouraging group of people who understand... have a great week....
  • pattymom1000
    Options
    Hi tym... how long have you been in mfp? I like it...easy to use...and now I have discovered the community part of it....
    I think it will work "if I work it"

• campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Another best tip from me is to read the Success Stories, they are so inspiring. I especially love the NSV (non scale victories) stories. They really make you want to do this thing and join the ranks of the healthy and happy!
  • pattymom1000
    Options
    thanks campfire ---today has been the best day in a long time... no doubt this community is helping me!