Slowly

Options
Im losing weight slowly but my body's changing like my tops are getting baggy and my face is looking more skinny.
My husband can put his arms around me much better.
I should be happy right?
But im doing like 60mins 6days a week of workout dvds and 5days a week im doing 2 hours walking.
So whys the weight loss so slow. im eating ,most the cals it tells me on here everyday.

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    How slow do you mean? 1/2 to 1 lbs a week is steady, maintainable and will make it easier to keep the weight loss off long term.
  • kbarker69
    kbarker69 Posts: 14
    Options
    Is it possible that you are exercising too much and your body is used to it so you have stalled out? Another thing to think about is that with all of the exercise, you are burning fat and building muscle at the same time. Muscle weighs more than fat. Are you just weighing yourself or are you using measurements too? I am personally at the point right now where I have to measure more and weigh myself less because the scale tells me I am going no where, but my clothes tell a different story.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well if you are exercising that much and not eating all the calories it tells you then you probably aren't getting enough food. You should eat back at least some of your exercise calories. Don't starve yourself.
  • m1zk0
    m1zk0 Posts: 9
    Options
    Is it possible that you are exercising too much and your body is used to it so you have stalled out? Another thing to think about is that with all of the exercise, you are burning fat and building muscle at the same time. Muscle weighs more than fat.

Actually, I do believe that muscle and fat weigh the same, it's just that muscle is denser than fat. But I figure if the weight loss is slow then it will be easier to maintain in the long haul!? It sounds like you're being really healthy and doing a great amount of exercise, so keep up the hard work and it will pay off eventually!
  • Becca21
    Becca21 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Well if you are exercising that much and not eating all the calories it tells you then you probably aren't getting enough food. You should eat back at least some of your exercise calories. Don't starve yourself.

I do eat most of my calories
    Is it possible that you are exercising too much and your body is used to it so you have stalled out? Another thing to think about is that with all of the exercise, you are burning fat and building muscle at the same time. Muscle weighs more than fat.

how can muscle weigh more than fat a pounds a pound right?