Rebounding from weekend of poor nutrition

Options
I'm sure you've all been here. I went away for the weekend for friends and my trigger foods were everywhere. For me it was Entemann's. There was no fish and no salad. My hostess reassures me there would be, alas, not! So of course, as we sat around the table for hours over brunch, and post nights out at the clubs, I gave in and had a slice. Actually I'm not sure how much I had because I'd take a sliver for the taste and can't recall if I stopped there or not. It tastes too sweet and made me thirsty actually! So please my friends...a few words of encouragement is all I ask for

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's a weekend of fun with your friends!! Yay!! Get back to logging. No harm, no foul. You will see, honest!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe work on your attitude towards food and eating and getting in a little perspective.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    It's just a weekend.

Weight management is a marathon, not a sprint. :)
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    You can recover. Buckle down and get back on track. It will be okay. =)
  • nowhere123
    nowhere123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. Last week I had put a really great week of healthy eating and excercise together only to completely undo it all with a weekend of heavy drinking and bad eating. Disgusted with myself today but i'm going to pay attention to the words of snickerscharlie "weight management is a marathon, not a sprint".
    So back on that horse again today :)
  • devinmejia40
    devinmejia40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We all have the same struggle. I had a weekend filled of fried fair food. Back to grilled chicken and steamed veggies for the week.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many times you get off track; what matters is how many times you get back on. It's ok to be something other than perfect; notice I did not say "less than perfect". We're human. We make mistakes. We have times of poor judgment. We have times when circumstances get the better of us. But we're human, so we learn from ourselves, from the world around us, from each other; we're human, so we are adaptable, flexible, and we grow.

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Shake it off and move forward. We all do it it, chalk it up to a fun weekend.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Next time, work it into your weekly goal?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What is going on in this thread

Has it become cliched platitude central or am I specifically cranky

OP ride like you feel the wind in your hair, fall with the grace of angels for in the world of the obese the one eyed donkey will take you on a ride to nirvana where pastures will be filled with the sounds of angels weeping and every tear will be a new baby adipose born

Or summat
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Oh and log it and move on

Life happens :)
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    So, you had a slice of danish? You'll survive.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Went to a food fair this weekend.

Had 2 beers, a cup of extra rich ice cream, a couple of zeppoles, an oxtail taco and other things that put me an estimated 500 cals over my diet.

Got on my rower when I got home and rowed 10,000 meters in an hr to "burn off" the 500 cals. The scale actually went DOWN the next day.

Don't know any other proactive way to "make up" for going off of the food reservation, other than starving yourself later, which really isn't a good thing.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    All that matters is the long term trend.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Rough weekend here too. I ate more than I could log. Back to reality today. Hang in there, we got this!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    my weekend was not great food wise but i was feeling sick and burnt out ...sooo oh well

back to eating yummmy foods today and logging
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    We went on a mini-vacation last week for 5 days. I didn't even bother logging a couple of the days because I ate so much - fast food, sweets, desserts, alcohol, pizza, all you can eat sushi bar, the whole nine yards. When we got back on Sunday, I was up 8 pounds from before I left.

I did nothing more than go back to my normal routine and by this morning (Tuesday), over 5 of those pounds I "gained" were already gone. No panic, no stress, no starving myself or doing frantic workouts - just let the water retention go away and the excess waste make its way out. I should be right back down by this weekend, no harm done.
  • allyssabebe
    allyssabebe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You've got this don't give up! On the weekends, I'll treat myself to a treat meal (going to Vegas this weekend so I'm sure there will be a few of those!) but I try to prepare for them. I promise myself to go to the gym Mon-Thurs to get my body ready. Once I'm there, it's not terribly difficult to cut back on crap food but yes you aren't making it yourself so the calories and nutrition will be lacking. Still I try to make smart choices! I cut eating after drinking awhile ago because I realized I'd rather eat a big meal in the morning so I would force myself to fall asleep lol! As for options, you can still eat healthy while being out. Sauce on the side, no cheese, no mayo etc! Anything that you know has a high calorie and fat content that you can do without. I'll still have a cheat meal but I'll try to make it as healthy as I can with the options I have! Don't give up!