cant eat enough calories :/

Options
i seem to not be able to eat the calorie amount that its advised...is that bad that everyday i seem to be under up top 500 calories? i just dont feel hungry because i eat quite abit of proteins and soups and it fills me throughout the day???

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Then you should switch up what you eat to make sure you get those calories. Lets face it, back in the day before we all joined MFP to lose weight, we were able to eat way more than our daily allotment of calories. Why is it so hard now? It isnt, you just need to make accomodations with your calorie allotment.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Im often having the same problem, for me its not so much that i cant replace the calories when i tot up a huge defecit with exercise etc, mcdonalds still exists.

Its more of a case of how do i fill in the calories in a healthy and constructive way.
  • srb1990
    srb1990 Posts: 37
    Options
    that is really true, before i did this i could eat all day everyday lol...im just wondering whether its bad that im below or good...hmm i shall mix up my diet abit...thanks :D
  • srb1990
    Options
    Im often having the same problem, for me its not so much that i cant replace the calories when i tot up a huge defecit with exercise etc, mcdonalds still exists.

Its more of a case of how do i fill in the calories in a healthy and constructive way.

yh thats my problem, i watch what i eat and i dont feel hungry which to me is a good thing but im shocked at how much you can eat when being healthy lol
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I had that problem yesterday, I added in another meal after my workout but it still wasn't enough. I guess those are the days you shouldn't feel bad for having a little treat!
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options

I agree with this! There are days I'm tempted to go to McDonald's or get a bag of chips to fill in my calories but try to resist. I still allow some treats and still haven't figured out what to do on days I can't cook but am trying!
  • srb1990
    Options
    I had that problem yesterday, I added in another meal after my workout but it still wasn't enough. I guess those are the days you shouldn't feel bad for having a little treat!

i like that idea, iv been trying to be strict but theres no harm in a lil something :D
  • shadowstar240
    Options
    I always have this problem. I've gotten into a certain routine and eating anymore than I've planned just feels like binging. I use days like to have treats that I wouldn't normally allow myself. In moderation of course!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    i seem to not be able to eat the calorie amount that its advised...is that bad that everyday i seem to be under up top 500 calories? i just dont feel hungry because i eat quite abit of proteins and soups and it fills me throughout the day???

I wish I was the same :grumble:

I have no difficulty eating my calories and some :noway:

:bigsmile:
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    I asked my doctor about this, a bad case of tonsillitis was the reason for the visit, but what the hay whilst I was there :wink:
    I asked him about the under calories thing and he explained that as long as I could look at for example a month and see my calories averaged pretty close to 1200 a day, then don't worry and to keep listening to my body. I was relieved because there are days I just don't want to eat even after a full workout, today I'm 400+ calories under but feel full and content.
    He explained a few other things re: plateaus and exercise so at least I know I am doing it right for my body. I haven't seen him for ages and it really felt great when he said I was looking fantastic and he was proud of me :bigsmile: My little ego boost which helped heaps as I was feeling so ill.
  • daveymck
    daveymck Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A couple of handfuls of mixed nuts or similar snack will sort you out your deficit easily.
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm with you....I have trouble cutting my cals every day to 1200....maybe srb1990 can give us her food intake so we can see what she does! As for being under, as long as your trend is around what you should be eating, it all averages out!
  • BeastModeAlways
    BeastModeAlways Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For the OP.

I don't see the concern.

If you are losing weight and feeling good and feeling healthy and feeling satisfied, worrying about some quota (calories in this case) makes very little sense.

I am envious of your position.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I wish I could constantly stay under lol I'm finding it so hard to not go over :-/
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nuts and cheese!!!
    I WISH I had trouble always coming up short!!! LOL
  • inafit16177
    Options
    I am struggling to eat my calories because I am monitoring my macronutrients...I am working to keep my carbs/protein/fat in check which often leaves me with extra calories...ARGHHH...it is frustrating...I know because I am a veggie that it will prove challenging. I never realized how many carbs I was consuming, that is where my excess was coming from.
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    Then you should switch up what you eat to make sure you get those calories. Lets face it, back in the day before we all joined MFP to lose weight, we were able to eat way more than our daily allotment of calories. Why is it so hard now? It isnt, you just need to make accomodations with your calorie allotment.

I totally agree with what you're saying! You really can't afford to miss those calories. Take it from me! I used to try to eat 500 calories a day and exercise 200 or more off! My hair has been thinning and my nails have cracked. Someone opened my eyes kind of frightenly... on MFP saying it's nicer to be thin and alive then to be thin and dead (from lack of calories.) I recently started taking a multivitamin and had to switch up my entire diet to add more protein, fiber, and other nutrients. I found it hard at first, feeling super stuffed, but as soon as I switched up what I'm eating, I've been able to increase my calorie intake 200 + calories. Net is still kinda low... but I'm working on it. Don't miss out! Best of luck.