Calling Clean Eaters

Options
Hey everyone! I'm not new around here really, but I might as well be since I've been around a good 3 1/2 weeks or so and only have lost a little over a pound (totally my own fault) Anyways after reading some books I've decided that clean eating is the lifestyle I should be living. I'm only on day 1 of this, so I'm not sure how it will go, but I have great hopes for it! Anyways, I'm looking for some clean eating friends that I can look to for ideas and encouragement :)

Replies

• reeldancer
    reeldancer Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    clean eating works for me -- good luck!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm a clean eater and would love to help. Your body will thank you for it.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I try to eat moderately clean.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Clean eating is the way to go, to look and feel better!
    Best of luck to you on this journey :smile:
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, I pretty much only eat clean, and would love to help you out! It's amazing how much better you feel, even if you don't think you feel bad right now. Good luck!
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    what is "clean eating"?
  • Debbie98074
    Debbie98074 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of food allergies and sensitivities. I think this could be helpful to me too. Where can i get more information about eating clean?
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    There are so many choices for eating healthy and they for sure will make your body&mind feel beautiful forever.... :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • grlygrl123
    grlygrl123 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    In my head I want to be a clean eater but i constantly slip. I might join you and really push myself to go full on. Good luck to us!
  • AuntieOxidant
    Options
    I'm Susan, and I came here because I wanted to remain accountable while maintaining a 70-lb. weight loss - something I've never been able to achieve before. So for me, maintenance is *at least* as important as weight loss was. For the past three months, I've stayed at my goal weight.

Clean eating works for me. Not only that, but my blood fats and blood sugar respond beautifully to it, dramatically so. Over time - I've been at this process for 15 months now - clean foods, especially fruit and vegetables, taste better and better to me. Especially by going to the farmer's market each week in the summer, I'm able to find delicious, appealing produce unavailable in the chain grocery stores. I'll be meeting with a dietitian (RD) in a few days to fine-tune my new way of eating, which was initially recommended by my internist.
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    I guess I'm mostly a clean eater. I'm also vegetarian. Feel free to add me!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I am a clean eater.... but occasionally cheat. Not much tho... only since I hit my goal. That said, it is the way to go, you feel so mych better. Look into the cookbook " The Best of Clean Eating". Also the magazines "Clean Eating" and "Eating Well", "Whole Living " is not too bad but there are a lot of adds.

Some things I will not give in on and eat tho is artificial sweeteners, any thing containing Potassium Benzoate, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Benzoate, Nitrates, High Fructose Corn Syrup, BHA, Blue, green, red and yellow colorings, palm oil, and MSG. There are others, just do a little but of research. Jillian Michaels is a very clean eater she has a lot of info.
  • welloiledmachine
    Options
    I have a lot of food allergies and sensitivities. I think this could be helpful to me too. Where can i get more information about eating clean?

There are many magazines, books and websites, but research here....plenty of info.
  • welloiledmachine
    Options
    what is "clean eating"?

Avoiding anything processed and junk food. You will get several answers, but eat things that are in their natural state or very close to it.
  • Nik1908
    Nik1908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well, and just bought the Eat Clean Diet book, and have started reading oxygem magazine. I love the idea of clean eating, but I haven't been able to do it 100% just yet. This helps me to stay encouraged though! :-)

7623345.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm almost a true vegan and I eat mainly organic food. The key is to make incremental changes so your body doesn't freak out.
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    I see, I try to eat things that have only real ingredients in them. If I have never heard of it and it sounds like a chemical, I don't like to eat it. Being on an extremely tight budget means there are some less natural things in my fridge and cupboards but I agree that eating things that are "real" is definatly better. I told someone the other day that if she wants whipped cream on her strawberries, use actual whipped cream and not cool whip. Even the "lite" is nothing but chemical mess. I think it's better to eat a bit of sugar and fat from actual food then to use fake food to save some calories. Is this kinda what clean eating is about?
  • welloiledmachine
    Options
    I see, I try to eat things that have only real ingredients in them. If I have never heard of it and it sounds like a chemical, I don't like to eat it. Being on an extremely tight budget means there are some less natural things in my fridge and cupboards but I agree that eating things that are "real" is definatly better. I told someone the other day that if she wants whipped cream on her strawberries, use actual whipped cream and not cool whip. Even the "lite" is nothing but chemical mess. I think it's better to eat a bit of sugar and fat from actual food then to use fake food to save some calories. Is this kinda what clean eating is about?

Also, staying away from sugar, other than in fruit and diary is included in clean eating. Sugar is a death sentence, but it's very hard to get away from it as it is in a lot of food.
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I also try to eat clean most of the time... Please feel free to add me.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I try to eat clean when I am doing well. The effect on my body - energy, etc is fantastic. I always feel so much better the cleaner I eat. I started by reading Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Diet and now read Oxygen Mag for recipes, etc.