Low calorie snack ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• allyssabebe
    allyssabebe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So many! I love cucumber slices with a bit of cheese on top, turkey and string cheese roll ups (good preworkout snack) or turkey and hummus roll ups if you are watching your dairy! Fruit bowl (mainly berries, very low carb!), celery and peanut butter, veggie tray and I know this isn't a snack really but I love soup, tortilla, tomato those are so good.
  • michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I love eating noosa yogurt. I tend to eat pretty low fat for all my other meals so I can afford the fat for a snack. Keeps my sweet tooth satisfied. PLUS it comes in pumpkin flavor for fall!
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I made pumpkin spiced baked bananas for the first time. They're not crazy filling but more like low calorie comfort food. I thought they tasted like banana bread pudding but it might be just me. 2 ingredients, 2 seconds to prep and 15 minutes to bake. Heaven. Add a spoon of greek yogurt, peanut butter or eggs and I could seem them being a lot more filling.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/vegan-pumpkin-spice-bake-banana-fat-free-dessert/
    6qv8nwb7khwm.jpg
  • Susiefun
    Susiefun Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll do a quarter cup of cottage cheese w/no sugar pineapple cup. Or half serving of cream of wheat w/almond milk and a tiny bit of brown sugar. This link has great ideas:
    http://greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I carry half a protein bar around in case of emergency. It comes out to about 100 calories.

I am perfecting a home made protein bar but it is not ready for publication. It starts with fat free evaporated skim milk, simmered with Knox gelatine. I add cocoa, cinnamon, Stevia, whey powder, flaked oats, seven cups puffed wheat, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips. It's a little rubbery but it does what I want it to.
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Autumnseer wrote: »
    All of my favorites:
    Small Honeycrisp apple, marinated cucumbers, 4-5 almonds, low cal string cheese, baked kale, grapes, macerated strawberries/blueberries/bananas
    The fresh fruit satisfies my sweet tooth.

How do you marinate the cucumbers? That sounds good.

• gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Marinated cucumbers are quite easy to make and are delicious.

1large Cucumber, peel and slice
    Small Red onion, thinly sliced
    1 Tbsp pimentos
    2 Tbsp vinegar
    2 Tbsp canola oil
    1/2 tsp sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1/4 tsp celery seed

Stir together all seasonings, oil and vinegar. Add cucumber, pimento and onion. Toss to coat. Cover and chill.