Cardio and booty gains;)

Options
2»

Replies

• musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    A lot of women (and a fair amount of men) have trouble bulking once they start to see fat being put on and they end up giving up on it entirely making the re-comp the better way to go for them. Re-comps can take a lot of time to get the desired effect and a lot more exact calorie counting making them more difficult in my opinion. Depending on how well you handle calorie counting exactly and gaining fat mentally makes for which of the two options is better for you individually. Both can be very successful.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    A lot of women (and a fair amount of men) have trouble bulking once they start to see fat being put on and they end up giving up on it entirely making the re-comp the better way to go for them. Re-comps can take a lot of time to get the desired effect and a lot more exact calorie counting making them more difficult in my opinion. Depending on how well you handle calorie counting exactly and gaining fat mentally makes for which of the two options is better for you individually. Both can be very successful.

If you can get through your very first bulk and still stand your self after the weight gain, you have made a great achievement.. the first bulk was the hardest to do and yes I bailed out.. Not fun, a bit frustrating, but I just went back to a cut and started over..

This is a huge learning curve.. take that into consideration that you will not get this perfect the first time. I would not go straight from a deficit to bulking.. bad idea IMHO.. finding maintenance is on it own hard for some, some find it by mistake.

Genetics are a huge factor. Stilling lose some weight if you must and concentrate on that first, or then recomp, does not have to be 6 months, just long enough to find the sweet spot both in your maintenance calories and your mindset for adding more calories and dealing with fat gain again..

Make a plan and stick to it to the end if you can! :)
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever alternated between bulk and recompile with success
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »

Bulk and recomp? I bulked, tried to cut and failed, and then hung out at maintenance. After the bulk I only lost about 3-4 lbs, but my body changed a lot in the months after while eating at maintenance. It looks like I had lost more.
  • Nikkimaxim
    Nikkimaxim Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Nikkimaxim wrote: »

Bulk and recomp? I bulked, tried to cut and failed, and then hung out at maintenance. After the bulk I only lost about 3-4 lbs, but my body changed a lot in the months after while eating at maintenance. It looks like I had lost more.

Yes, recomp.. Good to know! Cut scares me just as much as a bulk. I'm afraid to lose muscle.