What the hell is wrong!!

Options
:grumble: So I am sticking to my diet very well you know. I have not been having gresy foods or large meals. I have not eating anything to give me gas..i know more or less what will do that..so WHY AM I FEELING AND LOOKING SO BLOATED? Will it go away?

Replies

• jenga79
    jenga79 Posts: 11
    Options
    :grumble: So I am sticking to my diet very well you know. I have not been having gresy foods or large meals. I have not eating anything to give me gas..i know more or less what will do that..so WHY AM I FEELING AND LOOKING SO BLOATED? Will it go away?
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    Like everyone always says: Are you drinking enough water? Are you watching your sodium intake? That's all I can figure - doing those two things did me a WORLD of good!!
  • jenga79
    jenga79 Posts: 11
    Options
    Well i have cut back on the sodium and i am drinking plenty of water. Just dont know...feeling bloated ..makes it hard to drink as much water as i need but i still do it. I thought that was causing it.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I agree...water, water, water!!! And effective immediately, you should no longer use the four-letter "D" word again. Think of this as a journey in learnign to eat healthy. (Much more positve than the "d" word). :wink:

Water will help flush out the icky toxins in your body...but don't over do it either. About 8 cups a day is the average rule of thumb. ..depending on how much you are working out and the weather. Also, after a tough workout, your body will hold onto water....but don't worry, it'll release it!

Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    If you are eating a lot more veggies and fiber rich foods, that can definitely cause the bloat. Water is the tool for helping with that and you need plenty of it to get those foods moving through you easier (sorry if that's a little TMI! lol)

The great thing about fiber rich foods is that they keep you satisfied longer because they take longer to digest.......BUT they can contribute to the bloat and gas if you don't counteract it with PLENTY of water.

Good luck!!
    -Tami
  • glorybee
    Options
    When I first started around Christmas time, I was bloated, and was not loosing weight although I was working out and following my plan except for Christmas and New Years. The scale stayed the same, I was bloated for like 2 weeks. Finally the bloat left, and only now 1 month into the program, I have lost pounds. Long story short, stick with the program, eat your calories, exercise, and drink plenty of water. Trust the program. Everyone's body is different. I just had to go on a leap of faith, working the program. I figured, it just took a little while for my body to figure out I was serious. If you follow, it will work. It may take time, but have faith in the program...

glorybee
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I first started around Christmas time, I was bloated, and was not loosing weight although I was working out and following my plan except for Christmas and New Years. The scale stayed the same, I was bloated for like 2 weeks. Finally the bloat left, and only now 1 month into the program, I have lost pounds. Long story short, stick with the program, eat your calories, exercise, and drink plenty of water. Trust the program. Everyone's body is different. I just had to go on a leap of faith, working the program. I figured, it just took a little while for my body to figure out I was serious. If you follow, it will work. It may take time, but have faith in the program...

glorybee

I'm glad you posted! This sounds like me. I have been here seriously working at this for the past three weeks and I"ve gained weight. I am not giving up but am frustrated. :grumble:

I know my body will figure it out. I always have been a little slow on the upstart :ohwell:
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    Did you suddenly increase your fiber intake. It takes some time for your body to get used to eating lots of fiber when you haven't for a long time. Its a little easier on your body if you gradually increase your fiber.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    its gotta be water...How many are u drinking????
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    also... if it's 'that time of the month' could affect things too...