Sick of being the overweight mom

Options
Hello I am the proud mom of 4 wonderful boys ages 9,8,5,4. I recently had a check up and am on the verge of being diabetic. I am currently 272 at 5'4. I hope to make some new friends who will help me on this long journey I have in front of me. I seriously have emotional issues with food that I need to change any help would be amazing.

Replies

• AMyers8289
    AMyers8289 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya!! I am a mom of 2 boys ages 10 and 4. I also have 2 foster kids that are 4 and 6. I also have emotional issues with food. If anything stressful or depressing happens I eat!! I am 5'5" and 298 pounds. I have a very long journey ahead of me!! If you would like to add me and go on this journey maybe we can motivate each other!!
  • mrsschalk
    mrsschalk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its awesome we have a lot in common I sent you a request :)
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey
  • mrsschalk
    mrsschalk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • PinkNancy
    PinkNancy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to send you a request but I'm right there with you for the exception of kids... 5'3" and same weight... would love to encourage each other if you would like
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm an overweight mom of 3 kids and had diabetes when pregnant so I really need to watch it and lose that weight. Add me if you'd like !!
  • amandacurtis86
    amandacurtis86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a mom of 1 who is almost 2. I am 5'4" and 337 as of today. My weight goes up and down. I started at 344.7 last Monday. So feelig pretty good about the drop in weight this week. Last time this year I was under 300. 344.7 was my highest weight ever. Trying to get healthy for me and also my faimly. Go momma's go!
  • eskimommy
    eskimommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a boy mom too lol. I have 5. They're 8,7,4,1,and 2 months! I'm also overweight. 5foot8 and 248. I had gestational diabetes, and because of my weight I'm at risk of developing type 2. I'll help motivate and be accountable if you do the same for me. :)
  • Bentnotbroken130
    Bentnotbroken130 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm the heavy mom too, have no friends in this town, room for one more? 5'3 193 want to lose 63 lbs pre med weight gain
  • triciale555
    triciale555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new also and looking for friends to start this with. Feel free to add me
  • crbraun2004
    crbraun2004 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a mom of 4, my sons are 20, 18 and 5 and my daughter is 16. I'm an emotional eater too but my cholesterol was high, heart disease runs in our family and I just don't want to have a heart attack, I figured that my life was worth more than the food that I was putting in my mouth.
  • MyStarsHollow
    MyStarsHollow Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm right with ya all. I'll add you girls and we can support each other!
  • loops419
    loops419 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Im a first time mom and definitely looking for other moms on this weight loss struggle lol. My son is 1 and man has this first year as a mom been a roller coaster-especially with my weight. When my boyfriend and I started dating i was 5'10 190 lbs-currently im at 260lbs...the biggest ive ever been. Im planning on having another baby in like 1 year n half but definitely dont want to get pregnant at this weight.
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom too with 50-60 pounds to lose
  • BTGee
    BTGee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm the same. Mum of 3 (11, 8, and 5 months) and the heaviest I've ever been. My cholesterol is borderline and there is a family history of high BP, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Need to sort myself out do I can enjoy my kids without being out of breath. Need to lose about 40lbs
  • jhasselt
    jhasselt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! Mom of four. Three boys (8,6,2) and one girl (4). I'm the heaviest I've ever been and definitely that fat mom at their events!!! I am an emotional/closet eater! I would love other moms to share meal ideas with! Please add me!!!
  • gb1623
    gb1623 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum off 2 with 100lbs to loose