Progress Photo: June 13th - Present

Options
Hello everyone!

I rarely post photos and have never started a photo thread before, but today is a good day and I wanted to share. I've lost 38 lbs. thus far since June 13th by eating healthy and exercising. I make conscious choices when I eat, am now an avid runner, and my mental health and physical health are so much better than just 3 1/2 months ago. I have energy to spend time with my pups and wife, am more motivated in terms of my career goals, and am in a better space emotionally now that I have an outlet for my stress.

While this is not my ultimate goal, it's definitely a first step. I'd like to lose another 49 pounds and eventually run a half marathon, full marathon, and compete in a triathlon. Those are 2017 goals though; for now, I'm just focusing on gaining strength, losing weight, improving my health, and maintaining my motivation! I receive so much inspiration from everyone who posts their success stories on here, and so I wanted to do the same in hopes of connecting with others.

Feel free to add me and say hello. I am online every day and am a listening ear for those who need it. xo

JJ

gfuu3ipld0vh.png

Replies

• ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, and your eyes look so much bigger, congratulations.
  • empressjasmin
    empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go. Continued success!
  • JessicaJune
    JessicaJune Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you both, ChristineE63 and Empressjasmin. Really appreciate the support! xo

JJ
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Your hard work has paid off!
  • spencendawn
    spencendawn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And so much younger. Congratulations!!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Younger! I appreciate your description of your journey, how you are gaining strength and continue to set goals, so many on here whine and want an instant results. It takes time and commitment. You look amazing.
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look at least 10 years younger. You should be very proud of yourself!
  • JessicaJune
    Options
    Thank you all so much. It truly means the world that I have such a support system in MFP. XO
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Your loss adds up to approximately 3 lbs a week. Thats really good. At my best, Ive only done that rarely. Please share how you had that significant of weight loss that fast??
  • BagWhore
    BagWhore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on the weight loss & for working towards your goals!!!!!
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    W O W!!
  • JessicaJune
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thank you all! Your kind words make my day!

@Eleted: Some weeks show more of a loss than others. I found that the first 25 lbs. came off pretty rapidly when I went from zero exercise to working out 5-6 days per week. After that, the weight started coming off more slowly and right now, I'm only averaging a few pounds per week. What I found interesting is that after say, a week of really watching what I eat, I would have a cheat day and it would kick start my metabolism again! For example, I went on my mini-moon two months ago and while my wife and I were on the island, I ate whatever I wanted for three days. We were also very active and did plenty of walking around. At the end of our stay, I was sure I had gained weight but I had actually LOST weight! When I have a cheat day (or cheat weekend), I make sure to still eat good, wholesome food. I'll incorporate full-fat cheeses or a delicious sandwich and even some frozen yogurt with fruity pebbles (my addiction) in with my usual healthy fare. This way, I can eat those tasty fatty things, but also feel like I'm still in control. :)

JJ
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work! You look fantastic (and I love your hair!)
  • Christinaluvly
    Christinaluvly Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! I love your hair as well BTW :)
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Great job!! You look great.
  • JessicaJune
    Options
    Thank you so much, friends! I truly appreciate the support and positivity! xo

JJ
  • sohosocialclub
    sohosocialclub Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Nice efforts. Certainly paid off.
  • JamieQB9
    JamieQB9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! :)
  • JessicaJune
    Options
    Thank you, guys! I appreciate the support!

JJ
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!