afraid to eat because it just might be bad

Options
haven't stepped on a scale in some time. lost 80 pounds and well pretty sure 50 of them found their way back home. today I hesitate on eating anything for fear it will be a bad choice. need support on getting back on track, and starting something that can become my new normal.

Replies

• junkdrawer2008
    junkdrawer2008 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I struggle with spells like that too. I met with a dietitian for the first time and got some feedback on things. Then decided I needed to start logging all my food again for better evaluation on what I'm eating and how I can do better. If it's a junk food, I'm trying to do tastes or smaller portions, and focusing more on the veggies and fruits and lean proteins more.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Well, you made a great decision to come back here before it was all 80 or more. Years ago, I lost 45 lbs. (Weight Watchers), then skipped maintenance, ate myself past 45 lbs, plus an additional 50. You know what to do...first 3 days are always a challenge, but you have the skills and tools to do it again. You can friend me if you'd like.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you lost 80lbs then you'll know that weight loss is all about a calorie deficit, not what you eat...

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Why not look the food up in MFP before eating it? Then you'll know if it's going to fit into your plan for the day. Some people log their whole day in the morning so they can plan everything out.
  • 5bites
    5bites Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some good advice and support
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It can be tough to get back on track, but you can do it. Start with logging everything, then start reducing calories. It'll come back to you.
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    nothing is 'bad'. when you start looking at foods as bad your relationship with food goes the same way. i agree with what SueinAz says, pre-log and see where you're at. then you'll be able to understand the foods you choose better and decide whether it can fit into our allowance for the day. for example, today is my boss's birthday and there was a huge chocolate cake. i had some, weighed it and logged it so now i know how many calories i have left for the day.

to me logging is everything. i log tictacs!!

you got this.
  • dspinkston
    dspinkston Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pre-logging. I am going through the same thing except mine is due to health issues.

I got so afraid to eat anything "bad" that I let my calories get down to 600 per day and lost my appetite ...please do not let that happen to you!

Now each night before I go to bed I enter into MFP all of my meals and snacks for the next day (as best I can) - It takes away a lot of stress to already have a plan and know how close I will come to meeting my goals.

You can beat this and establish a healthy normal!
  • 100poundsx
    100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This where MFP is so helpful! It has helped me on numerous occasions helped me pick my portion I will eat and what the best option was to to eat. And if my MFP isn't helpful, I found a lot of chain restaurants have nutrition calculators on their website.