Fellow Extra-Petite Gals, Please show me your 5'0" Success Pictures

Options
Hello Lovelies,

I have unfortunately gained a butt load of weight and find myself around 170lbs which is quite substantial on my 5'0" frame. Nothing gives me more motivation than seeing success stories, particularly those from fellow shorties. I would love to see some "after pictures" labeling your current weight and how you all reached your goal. :3

My personal goal weight is 110-115lbs.

Replies

• kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 5' as well. I am currently at 218 but started at 230. My goal is to first get down to 130 and then ultimate goal would be 100-115. I would love to see photos of people around my height who lost the weight.
  • hopelee1661
    hopelee1661 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5 foot even!
  • skinnyEmilijah
    skinnyEmilijah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and starting at 163. Sadly I have no progress to show yet, though :/ Bumping to check out later.
  • arbolesta1
    arbolesta1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I suppose it's hard to get success stories with such a narrow margin. :)

I have used myfitnesspal.com which is helpful but still shows fairly minimal results.

Bump-de-dump.
  • 1_step_at_a_time
    Options
    I'm just 5'1. Hope that is ok.

I started at 130- it doesn't sound as bad as it looked. I'm an apple so all the weight is front and centre.

I have been maintaining at a range of 100-105 for over 6 years.

Cheers, h.

WOW! thanks for sharing! Would you mind me asking what is your age?

• laura2137
    laura2137 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have started 3 months ago and lost 8kg....about 15 pound.....I don't exercise at all.....but I will eventually......when I plateau......great pictures....
  • arbolesta1
    Options
    Dear lord I meant I have used *****mybodygallery to find pictures. Not myfitnesspal. I guess I was tired that day :dizzy:
  • arbolesta1
    Options
    I'm just 5'1. Hope that is ok.

I started at 130- it doesn't sound as bad as it looked. I'm an apple so all the weight is front and centre.

I have been maintaining at a range of 100-105 for over 6 years.

Basically I counted my calories, that is all one needs to do to lose the weight.

My fitness level was non existent.
    I went from no exercise to Aqua fit.
    Then I did a lot of walking, 5 &10km races, and Pilates/body sculpt classes- including belly dancing.
    These past 3 years I have done more straight strength training, following 3 different programmes.swimming, and rowing on a machine.

I don't count calories anymore.

Me at 130 and 105.

pr08zptbgfkr.jpeg

Maintenance 100-105lbs

3tn7hzsfzjyj.jpeg

Same weight, 100-105, but 3 years difference and progressively upping my weight lifting. I loved my tummy on the left and never realised doing a recomp had made a difference until I took the pic, right, on my birthday in August.

jammaqx2yu7k.jpeg

Cheers, h.

You look amazing! 130lbs can be too much on a short gal, especially an apple.I'm a pear-shape shape myself but I've been 130 and I was still a bit too chubby.

I can't even imagine getting down to 106 (the lightest I've ever been was 125) but it looks great on you!
  • arbolesta1
    Options
    I'm 4' 11", but I give myself the extra inch! My highest weight was 125 lbs. and I felt like total crap. Dropped a bunch of weight and hip 98 lbs. as a low (cardio + extreme calorie deficit) where I looked far too thin and frail. Discovered heavy lifting, eat around 1,400-1,600 calories a day and now I'm a happy, healthy 115 lbs. I'm about to go into a bulk to try and build this booty up a little bit more, but at most I'll be consuming 1,600-1,700 x day. Not doing a massive bulk like some people do because all that extra weight on a tiny frame is harder to lose.

Haha! 125 lbs is the lowest I've ever been. I felt good (better than 170, I'll tell you that) but I still wasn't where I wanted to be. I looked at your pictures and 115 looks amazing on you! Weightlifting really does seem to make all the difference.
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 4' 11", but I give myself the extra inch! My highest weight was 125 lbs. and I felt like total crap. Dropped a bunch of weight and hip 98 lbs. as a low (cardio + extreme calorie deficit) where I looked far too thin and frail. Discovered heavy lifting, eat around 1,400-1,600 calories a day and now I'm a happy, healthy 115 lbs. I'm about to go into a bulk to try and build this booty up a little bit more, but at most I'll be consuming 1,600-1,700 x day. Not doing a massive bulk like some people do because all that extra weight on a tiny frame is harder to lose.

I'm 4'11, currently 120lbs, I've also been 98lbs and looked very thin and frail - gained to like 125lbs, and over the last 2 months have been weight training 4 x a week. My diet is also about 1,400 - 1,600 cals a day, we are like twins (only you're the 'after' version of me, haha!)

You look awesome, it's such good inspiration to see where I can be if I stick to this, as I don't see many posts about people my height and weight.
  • Ciler_80
    Ciler_80 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    frankie671 wrote: »

I'm 4'11, currently 120lbs, I've also been 98lbs and looked very thin and frail - gained to like 125lbs, and over the last 2 months have been weight training 4 x a week. My diet is also about 1,400 - 1,600 cals a day, we are like twins (only you're the 'after' version of me, haha!)

You look awesome, it's such good inspiration to see where I can be if I stick to this, as I don't see many posts about people my height and weight.

Frankie, I just added you! We're so close in stats and body type seems similar. Would love to be MFP friends and keep each other accountable since our goals are so similar. Keep up the hard work! It pays off! You already passed the hardest part - getting started. It's all uphill from here!
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    frankie671 wrote: »

Frankie, I just added you! We're so close in stats and body type seems similar. Would love to be MFP friends and keep each other accountable since our goals are so similar. Keep up the hard work! It pays off! You already passed the hardest part - getting started. It's all uphill from here!

I'm so pleased to have found someone with similar stats to me, haha! So hard to be motivated when everyone seems to be 5ft 8lb and has all the calories to play with. Yep, the gym is now a routine part of my life so there's no way I'm turning back now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!