Just over 3 months

Options
I'm 25 and have struggled with my weight since about the age of 12, I was a very active teenager (ran about 6 miles a day) so I stayed around 130 and a size 5 thru high school (just to set the record straight I don't think I was fat then but I was told that I was and I should weight between 100-115 I think the idea of my weighing under 120 is CRAZY). When I went off to college I put on a few pounds mainly due to sitting on my butt and not staying active, I would say I was around 145 and a size 7 when I graduated in 2006. Everything went downhill from there, I have been gradually putting on weight since then, in the summer of 2009 I caught a workout bug and dropped 20lbs and was around 155 at that point, I got married in December of that year and gained alot of weight, I was too afraid to even get on the scale to know how much but I knew it was alot I was wearing a size 14, double the size I was wearing in 2006! I divorce in Feb of this year and in March I was offered a new job and they required a physical so I had to get on a scale now, 189lbs. I'm only 5'2 and almost at 200lbs what the hell am I doing to myself? so on that day I decided that I was going to change, not my weight but my life. I relocated to Iraq for my new job and the day I got into country I started the changes. I have been eating super healthy and lots of cardio........ for a while there I was doing cardio fit and yoga 4 days a week but my schedule changed so I can no longer do the classes but I have always wanted to RUN a MARATHON so I decided what better time than now to start training. I am currently training 5 days a week. I have been very fortunate to have become great friends with a guy that happens to be a personal trainer, So here I am 106 days into my new life and I have lost 29lbs weighing in at 160 and wearing a size 10 right now. I feel great !

Replies

• hopesOFskinny
    Options
    that is so great. i am proud of you!!! keep up the fantastic work
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Congratulations... I experienced sort of the same enlightenment...

It just got to a point where I needed to change everything... I quit smoking and I'm working on the weight issues, still a long road ahead but its getting there slowly and steadily!

Keep up the great work and let us know about that Marathon you're running soon! :)
  • water_Logged
    Options
    Thanks, I'm shooting for our October Marathon but that might be pushing it. Congrats on the quitting smoking ! I quit almost 2 years ago
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!