Losing half to a full lb

Options
Im Only losing between half a lb to a full lb a week.
Is this the best way to lose it.

Replies

• Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It may annoy you to only lose that much (which seems slow) but if that's your body's way of doing things you have to go with it.

Losing too much at once is bad for your heart. A slow change is usually considered good (1-2 lbs a week which is 4-8 lbs a month)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yes that is the best way to lose it. Remember that the slower it comes off, the easier it will be to keep off. I know that it can be discouraging to see the weight coming off in such small increments but keep at it.. it will happen!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That's perhaps what most experts would recommend, yes!
  • mohawk32
    mohawk32 Posts: 3
    Options
    It's basically the healthiest way to do it. It doesn't seem like a lot, but focus on short term goals. That's been key for me. I've steadily lost 1 pound a week and now before I knew it I've almost lost 10 already.

I would be absolutely miserable if I tried to lose more than 1 pound a week.
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    Oh I am in the same boat! But those half lbs add up honey! Slow and steady! :-) Your doing great!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, slow and steady wins the race. When you are really overweight you ca n easily lose multiple pounds in a week but as you get to a more "normal" size, weight loss has to go slow. You can't lose multiple pounds weekly until the very end (boooo!). I am only losing 0.5 pounds/week and I am in my last 10 pounds.
  • knittedbike
    Options
    I wish I could be that consistent... My graph looks like a set of steps... no loss for 3 weeks then 3lbs in one week, then no loss for another 3 weeks... and yes those last few pounds seem the hardest of all!
  • nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    yep totally agree...both with its annoying to see such small amounts...yet it will stay off much easier if you go steady x
    p.s. how do you get the ticker to come up...so annoying any ideas please??