Steps and Activity Levels

Options
At what step count thresholds do linked trackers begin positive adjustments per activity level? Like, if you are set to sedentary (or lightly active), at what step number do you begin getting positive adjustments? Thanks.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone and I have my activity level set to sedentary..

I start my day with a -150 calorie adjustment...never really watched to see when it goes away but for sure after my 2 mile walk at 530 am...so that's at about 4k steps I guess....maybe earlier..I seem to earn 100 calories for each mile I walk....esp since it's a 14-15min mile.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'm set to sedentary and I start getting positive cals after 5000 steps.
  • lissmayer
    lissmayer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That's super helpful- thank you.
  • louise5779
    louise5779 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what mfp has worked out your tdee to be or maintence calories.

Once your exercise or steps goes over this amount you start to get positive adjustments.

To find this you need to access the website not the app, click on the exercise tab, then in exercise diary under the cardiovascular heading there is a little "i" button click on that and it should bring up the following.

a4oit21rf02r.png

Your set tdee or maintenance calories is "mfp calories burned" 1547 in my case. Sedentary.

The Fitbit calories burned is my actual tdee for this day.

And the adjustment is the extra calories I've earned.

Your "mfp calories burned" will change daily as you weight changes.

Here is my from Sunday with the step tracker on mfp app set up. I didn't have my new Fitbit that day and had already sold my old one so had to cope 5 days without.

ysdoa5my9huz.png

This one has added exercise which I added manually to my tdee and then added the steps on top, the steps are the ISO adjustment. So to clarify on this one

Mfp ISO calories burned is the total actual for the day

Myfitnesspal calories burned is my calories maintenance plus any manual entered exercise

And the difference between the two is MFP ISO calories adjustment which is my steps over the maintenance calories and manual entered exercise.

• lissmayer
    Options
    Ok- that makes a lot more sense now. I'm permamobile and didn't realize there were other features to see. Thanks so much for the detailed explanation.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    You can access this on the app as well. At least on the Android one.
    irlmooxmyk2u.png
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

I start getting positive cals after ~2500 steps, also set to sedentary.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »

Same here. Lightly active starts getting positive adjustments around 5000 steps.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I also start getting a positive adjustment after 2500 steps, while being set to sedentary. I have a jawbone up 2.
  • lissmayer
    Options
    I asked because I was set to lightly active but have never gotten a pos adjustment (generally 7,000-9,000 steps per day). I'm using a Misfit, if that matters. I switched to sedentary this morning to see if it adjusts and when. :neutral:
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    For me it somewhat depends on when I'm getting the steps in as well. Steps early in the day will give + adjustments sooner than if the steps happen later. But I think my fitbit is on crack lol
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Alta and have my activity set to sedentary. I start receiving a positive calorie adjustment around 5000 steps.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options

Same here. Lightly active starts getting positive adjustments around 5000 steps.

Same.
  • lissmayer
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Something is not right with my set up. :( Set to sedentary today and still no adjustment at 7,500ish steps. I do log breastfeeding and hiit separately- so maybe that is somehow related? Super frustrated.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    lissmayer wrote: »
    Something is not right with my set up. :( Set to sedentary today and still no adjustment at 7,500ish steps. I do log breastfeeding and hiit separately- so maybe that is somehow related? Super frustrated.

Sometimes I have to manually sync the Fitbit app and t will show up
  • cordney
    cordney Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    lissmayer wrote: »

I know this is kinda old but if you're manually entering exercise I think you're canceling out the Fitbit adjustment.