Sugar

Options
Caporegiem
Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
What are your thoughts on sugar?

Personally I like sugar but there are a lot of people out there that paint sugar in a negative light. They say that sugar is evil, or that sugar is poison. Some even go so far as to say sugar will kill you. There are even companies out there that want to limit how much sugar you have in your life. To those companies that say "sugar free", I say "free sugar".

I think the Amazon review section of Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears should suffice as the only credible source you need to realize the negative effects of a life without sugar. https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/dp/B008JELLCA

If we take time and think I'm sure we can all think of a time that sugar had a positive impact in our life. Why let the opinions a few have on sugar affect how much the rest of us enjoy our beloved sugar?

Replies

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    I'm glad you all agree. There would be a gap in my life I'd miss if I didn't have sugar.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Sugar is indeed addicting! I don't think I'd ever want to go "sugar free", I'd go crazy. Stop trying to tell me how much sugar I can have!

Just look at those Amazon reviews and tell me why anyone would want to. To quote a few:
    I ate a handful of these. The resulting explosive diarrhea resulted in my home needing renovations. My wife had to MOP THE CEILING in the bathroom
    Neither Food Poisoning, Mexican tap water, nor Gas Station Sushi (all on the same day) could compete with the intestinal cramping and diarrhea that this product will give you.
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i went on keto last week and i think y'all know i'm dreaming of ho hos every nite
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I prefer sugar to artificial sweeteners or even agave, honey or stevia. It's just what I'm used to; everything else's taste ranges from not quite right to downright awful. I'd rather go without than eat or drink something that is only available "sugar free".

I also think it's foolish to assume that sugar free is physiologically better for you than sweetened with sugar. As if there are not biological responses to those other sweeteners. They may not be the same as with sugar but your body is processing that stuff somehow, somewhere...
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    I just switched to sugar and damn I didn't know what I was missing!
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    I prefer sugar to artificial sweeteners or even agave, honey or stevia. It's just what I'm used to; everything else's taste ranges from not quite right to downright awful. I'd rather go without than eat or drink something that is only available "sugar free".

I also think it's foolish to assume that sugar free is physiologically better for you than sweetened with sugar. As if there are not biological responses to those other sweeteners. They may not be the same as with sugar but your body is processing that stuff somehow, somewhere...

I completely agree, for me I have too many ill-effects from the artificial sweeteners. Pure sugar is the only way to go imo.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    no sugar for me. none.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    maximus beat me to the punch damnit.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    I just switched to sugar and damn I didn't know what I was missing!

Life changing isn't it?
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    _birdie__ wrote: »
    i went on keto last week and i think y'all know i'm dreaming of ho hos every nite

Funny, I dream of hos every night. Samesies, right?

tumblr_lyn7h6wuoL1rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    _birdie__ wrote: »

Funny, I dream of hos every night. Samesies, right?

tumblr_lyn7h6wuoL1rn95k2o1_500.gif

its super hard like i'm pretty sure i'll never have a real mouthful again and missing sugar is like coke withdrawal