Where are my fellow Yoga Buddies?!

Options
Hi all!!

I'm Bex. I am a somewhat reluctant convert to the joy that is... a bunch of strangers and some patchouli in a boiling hot room together doing stretches that my body doesn't naturally want to do... aka Hot Yoga. :-D

Sarcasm aside, I actually do love the workout that yoga gives me even though I always swore that group exercise activities are so very *not* my thing. Group exercise may not ever be my thing but abs and flexibility sure are so.... hot yoga will continue as planned.

I will be starting a yoga challenge with some friends here at home next month and I would love some MFP accountability friends who do yoga too!

Feel free to add me! :)

Bex

Replies

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I like to do yoga as well, but I've never been brave enough to take a class. I've got no problem with group exercise when it comes to other cardio or strength classes such as Zumba, Body Pump, Turbo Kick, spin, etc... I'm just not very flexible...LOL However, I'm a runner, and I like that way that yoga stretches me out and i feel so much better...especially after speed work or a long run.
  • BexTheSquirrel
    BexTheSquirrel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner too and yoga has definitely helped me stretch out and keep injury free! :)

I finally found a yoga class that I really like, but it took me a while..some of them are a bit too much for me. I've also tried Zumba but I am the awkward tall one in the back that has created my own rhythm because I apparently can't follow directions.... story of my life! LOL
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do some yoga once or twice a week, just to help with stretching and flexibility since I am a runner as well. I have never done hot yoga, but have wanted to try it. I like to add various things in my workout plan - depending on timing and what will fit and is available. I also take a Bollywood dance class - going to try BollyX in a few weeks. I don't mind group fitness stuff, but with my running, usually just one other person or just me. Feel free to add me as well.