Please help me

Options
hey everyone, my name is Michelle. I have recently signed up to my fitness pal to help me loose weight from having my son 3 months ago. I'm really struggling to stay focused though. Is there any ladies out there in or who have been in my position. Please feel free to add me on my fitness pal could use the motivation. X

Replies

• Section117_Zolos
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

I have (or am!) in your position. I have a 3 year old and an 11 month old girl.

Is your son sleeping through the night. If not, the lack of sleep could be contributing to you having trouble staying focused. I know at least it did for me. Don't forget that it takes time for your body to heal and at least for me, it took longer than 12 weeks until I felt normal again.

I hope that helps, but feel free to add me if you would like. We can talk more,

Liz
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I am finally getting around to losing the baby weight and my son is 4! This website has been so helpful for me and I find all the people on here really inspiring and supportive. Stick with it. And ask for help when you need it, that is why we are here.
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    I am still working on the baby weight too - and my 'baby' is almost 7! This is a great place for motivation and support. Be kind to yourself!
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle!
    I joined MFP last year when my son was maybe 5mths old. I had a hard time staying focused as well. Now a year later I'm really feeling myself and the weight is coming off. It took my body almost a good year to bounce back. I look at bikini shots I took a year ago and I still had a baby belly (my son is a December baby)! Hang in there, get plenty of sleep and just keep truckin along :)
  • poutinEeyore
    poutinEeyore Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been on here welcoming new people and I don't think that I have ever introduced myself yet. Looking for support.
  • mitchyandmichelle
    Options
    Thanks everyone. He is a reasonably good sleeper but it's always draining getting up through the night and then the next day comes and I just can't be bothered to exercise or make something healthy to eat. So now have a diet plan from a nutrionist and praying I can stick to it. Thanks for all the support though:)
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    First, Welcome to MFP! Second, you are on the right track hon! Getting the weight down right after you have your baby is the best thing to do. Mine are now 15 almost 16, 14, and 11, and waiting until they get bigger just makes it harder on your body. You can do this! Just stay focused, and remind yourself why are doing this. :) I know with a little one that young getting your exercise in can be one of the most challenging events because of schedules, but they have so many exercises now that includes your baby it is unbelievable. Find out what works best for you, your baby, your schedule, and just stay motivated! Be more than happy to add ya!