exercise

Options
I have been going to the gym 5-6 times a week for the past 2-3 weeks, doing 60 mins of cardio each time and some weights - i am varying the exercise i do, but so far not seeing any results - is this normal ?

Replies

• haottilie
    haottilie Posts: 7
    Options
    Yes, it is. You usually won't see any results until about a month after. Make sure your calorie intake has been reduced as well for weight loss. Your clothes should start fitting better or start becoming looser. Congrats & keep up the great work.
  • jazzy1129
    jazzy1129 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes that is normal. Did you measure yourself in inches prior to starting the workout program? Sometimes you will lose inches and not any weight. Keep up the good work. You may not see the results just yet, but it wont be long.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Try the tape measure trick - measure various areas now and again in 2-4 weeks
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that so far you are unable to see any changes in your fitness? able to jog/walk/cycle a little longer, faster, steeper incline? OR that you are unable to add a few more reps or slightly higher weights? Give it another few weeks and you should see all kinds of changes, assuming you set goals to try to make each workout last a small amount longer or faster or heavier.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If by 'results' you mean weight loss, then it's not that uncommon. But if you are working out that much you should see some results, such as better muscle tone, more energy, maybe even an inch or two lost.
  • alimason1
    alimason1 Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks everyone ! yes i have measured various parts of my body, and i have already seen slight reduction, i just need to not be so obsessed with seeing the results on the scales, but its very reassuring that its normal, and i will keep at it !!