Anyone tried the 3 Apples a Day diet?

Options
This isn't as extreme as it sounds, it's not JUST 3 apples a day, it's eating one apple before each meal in order to fill up on fiber and reduce cravings via natural sugars.

I have a huge sweet tooth and I'm looking for extra fiber in my diet anyway so I was thinking about trying this out. Has anyone had any success using apples in this fashion?

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this one before, but I eat around 4 apples a day along with banana etc and it hasn't done me any damage!
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Interesting theory, but I've never tried it. I'll let you be the guinea pig, and let us know how it goes! LOL!
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ive Heard of people doing this but eating a carrot. Either before a meal as to not over eat or afterwards if you still feel hungry. just lunch and dinner... not breaky.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've heard on Dr Oz that it's good to eat your fruit before your meal because it helps with digestion (lots of digestive enzymes in fruit). Go for it... it can't hurt!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a winner to me! I've never tried it, but it makes sense. Plus apples are delicious. I say give it a go!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Never tried this, but this sounds like a good thing since you would end up eating more fruit. Imagine it would work with a serving of any fruit before a meal.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Ive Heard of people doing this but eating a carrot. Either before a meal as to not over eat or afterwards if you still feel hungry. just lunch and dinner... not breaky.

Carrots make me feel more hungry than before I ate them.

I like the idea of the apples. Which reminded me that I forgot to grab an apple on my way out the door this morning :(.
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    It doesn't seem like a bad idea if you need to control portions and whatnot. I usually eat an apple with a yogurt and I'm full for HOURS. Even an apple as a snack, about a 5.5 oz gala apple, keeps me pretty content. I can't really imagine eating them before a meal though. Wouldn't you miss out on some of your other nutrients that might be found in your lunch or dinner? Hm...
  • bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this, but it sounds like a good idea. It wont hurt you so give it a try. I think I might!! (: