Stalemate

Options
i am about five weeks into using the program, and I haven't lost in the last three weeks, no real gain but no loss either. I eat less then my calories don't eat my exercise calories and exercise more then I predicted. I'm not losing inches or feel thinner. I am super frustrated and don't know what to do. Did anyone else experience this?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Well it sounds like you found the problem. You are not eating enough. You should be within 100 or so of your caloric intake that MFP gives you, which includes exercise caloires.
  • jazzy1129
    jazzy1129 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Whats your calorie goal? Sometimes staying under is not always best. That could put your body in starvation mode, which may actually make you gain weight. When exercising, try changing up your routine. Our body will get used to the same routine, and may not show results. Also, if you are lifting weights that could cause you to gain as well.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I agree, I hit a plateau and just upped my calories and I am already back to losing weight, plus I get to eat a little more everyday, it's win win.
  • mlj2011
    mlj2011 Posts: 7
    Options
    when i complete food entry 4 the day it will say, " if u eat this way u will weigh ---- in 5 weeks." Have been doing this the month of june & do not weigh that #, why?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    when i complete food entry 4 the day it will say, " if u eat this way u will weigh ---- in 5 weeks." Have been doing this the month of june & do not weigh that #, why?

the equation is done in pure math, but your body may not be able to handle a deficit that large, so it holds on to what it can. Depending on how much you have to lose and your BF%, the amount your body should be able to lose will differ drastically.

Where you have less than 10 lbs to go your goal should be to lose no more than 0.5 lbs/week. Try adjusting your goal to 0.5, and you will get to eat more, and lose weight in a healthy manner. The less you have to lose the smaller your caloric deficit should be to ensure you don't burn a large amount of lean muscle, instead of fat.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Also, ensure that you're eating healthy foods (not diet foods) in proper portions. (Many have learned that diet soda will inhibit weight loss; some even have gained. Wife has experiencing a month long of no weight loss; and then cut-out diet sodas. The following month, she lost pounds quickly.)
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Options
    My calorie goal is about 2000 the least I ever eat is about 1800 on non work out days( because I am not as hungry) I generally will eat about 200-250 of my workout calories back, sometimes that is all I earn and sometimes i earn 500 - but if working out in the evening find it hard to eat all those back. I was doing well for a while and just want to lose 1 pound per week and be down 20 by September, which I know I am still on track for ( my weight loss goals are realistic) but seeing nothing for this many weeks is disheartening and makes me wonder why I should bother :/