Under 200 lbs at last!

2»

Replies

• zestyzesty
    zestyzesty Posts: 57 Member
    Aw thank you so so much for the amazing positivity and encouragement- means a lot! Everyone has their own personal journey. When mine started on MFP in 2014 I hoped to maybe lose 30 lbs, just anything to feel a bit better. I was 24 at the time but really felt so much older. I am now 26 but physically I feel years younger now than I did 2 years ago. I know I still have so much to learn and still have 48 lbs to go until I hit the target I have set for myself (149 lbs) but I will get there.

To any of you having a bad day, maybe tired, stressed, eaten some junky food or not felt like moving around much, it is okay- you can get back on track. Something I have learnt is that you have to be kind to yourself and remember you are human. One bad day, even a bad week will ultimately not hold you back forever. It will take a bit more effort but you absolutely can do it. We can be our harshest critics, but we also have the power to be our own biggest cheerleader! Be healthy, and be happy. :-)
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    That's awesome! Well done :)
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    Awesome! Congratulations B)
  • joanneesmith70
    joanneesmith70 Posts: 2 Member
    Well done
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Awesome!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,324 Member
    Now it is just a race to the finish..the light is right there. Well done!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Congratulations!! I hope to be there in a couple of weeks. Hubby is going on vacation to visit his parents, so I don't have to cook dinners or worry about that crap....lol. I don't eat half as much when I'm alone as I do when I have someone to cook for. 4.5 lbs to go to reach that goal.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 1,161 Member
    Way to go Zesty!
  • zestyzesty
    marm1962 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! I hope to be there in a couple of weeks. Hubby is going on vacation to visit his parents, so I don't have to cook dinners or worry about that crap....lol. I don't eat half as much when I'm alone as I do when I have someone to cook for. 4.5 lbs to go to reach that goal.

Ooo good luck marm! You will be there really soon! Probably even closer by the time I'm writing this. You can do it! Good luck! Keep at it :-)
  • wwkwag
    wwkwag Posts: 60 Member
    Congrats to you!! What a great accomplishment! I have 3 pounds to go to be in Onederland! Can't wait! Keep up the great work!
  • micheleewat
    micheleewat Posts: 5 Member
    Congratulations!!!! I started at 223 and it feels like it is taking forever to get to 200/-. It has only been a couple of months, but according to My Fitness Pal it will take me another 2 or 3 months. I don't know if I will last that long.
  • melparedes
    melparedes Posts: 7 Member
    Hi all my name is Melissa, from Texas and I am headed towards my goal of being under 200lbs. Any suggestions.
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Congratulations! What a fabulous goal to hit! You are an inspiration.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Fantastic!
  • zestyzesty
    wwkwag wrote: »
    Congrats to you!! What a great accomplishment! I have 3 pounds to go to be in Onederland! Can't wait! Keep up the great work!

Aw thank you! You can totally lose those 3 lbs. 1 by 1! Good luck! :-)
  • zestyzesty
    melparedes wrote: »
    Hi all my name is Melissa, from Texas and I am headed towards my goal of being under 200lbs. Any suggestions.

Hello Melissa, I would try to look at if any foods seem to help or stop you. For me, I love pasta but unfortunately it seems to make me gain weight and/or get bloated so I don't eat it much now. I would drink lots of water, as sometimes you can eat when you are thirsty. Lots of salad can help you feel full without too many calories and it will do you good. Plenty of protein, too, to keep you full. Also, be kind to yourself. It's okay to have treats sometimes.... better to have 1 bar of chocolate and stay sane than deny yourself and end up eating too much if you become very hungry/stressed out.

Good luck, you can do it!