My first time using My Fitness Pal....Need to lose 100 pounds!

Options
Hi, I'm from Salem, New Hampshire and just joined My Fitness Pal to lose 100 pounds. I've been tracking my meals for about two weeks now and have lost about 3 pounds. I belonged to a forum called "BioTrust Nutrition" and bought health supplements to help me lose weight. I joined in 2013 and lost 71 pounds in 8 months by dieting and bicycling, but put the weight back on quickly after I had reached my goal of 179 pounds.

I'm now 60 years young and trying to lose 100 pounds. I drink Low Carb Protein Shakes from BioTrust daily and looking to find a healthy balance of drinking shakes vs. eating whole foods. I workout with an online coaching program "Bodybuilding Redefined" to help work off the pounds. I do all sorts of body exercises usually on a daily basis to lose weight. I'm looking to keep up with both in order to become successful in losing all this weight.

Also looking to make friends with anyone on My Fitness Pal forum.

Replies

• N0703989
    N0703989 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Can I clarify, you went on a shake & supplement program, finished it and then put the weight back on (so common - don't worry) and now you are back on the shakes?! Once you start your regular habits again you will just put that weight back on.

I don't advocate shake diets at all, you are making the right move by switching. Simply, you need to exert more calories than you eat in a day. Have you worked out your total daily energy expenditure as a starting point?